Why no Bad era demos?

Mr. Norway

Proud Member
I read a post from another thread where someone mentioned that there are no demos from the Bad album and I thought; "yeah, that´s right!" As a matter of fact I believe that´s correct. Okay, we have Cheater but no demos of the songs that appear on the actual Bad album. And the question is WHY??? We have demos from all of the other album sessions so why in the world not from Bad - where MJ himself wrote almost all of the tracks. And I guess we all know that MJ does have demos of, at least all of his self-written, songs. Is there a reason for this??

Potential demo versions worth mentioning that would be very interesting to hear:

- I´m Bad (Bad)
- Get into the groove (The way you make me feel)
- Al Capone (Smooth Criminal)
- Pyramid girl? (Liberian girl)

sammichael;3163467 said:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tFzKYxQryb4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tFzKYxQryb4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
will this do:D

- First of all, sammichael, thanks for your reply. Demo 1 in this clip was something I earlier believed to be a demo of Bad myself but I was told by someone that it was a clip from a live performance. So I´m unsure about this. Can you confirm somehow that it is a demo? And clip 2 obviously is not a demo, which it says. This is not to be critical or pessimistic towards you, Sam, I just want to be sure that what I also believed to be a demo before really is a demo.

Plus, again: IF this is a Bad demo; does the whole song exist? And why aren´t there any more Bad sessions around when we have plenty from the other album sessions? I still have not gotten any answers to this question :)

A rough Speed Demon demo did exist at onepoint during the making Of Speed Demon. The music was provided by Michael to Vinton animators who worked off it to create the claymation. It was mostly music with unintelligible verses along with the Speed Dmeon chorus.

It was either destroyed as per Michael's request to Vinton at the time or it was secretly kept by a Vinton worker. I've been on the search for it since 2008 with no luck so far.

Chicago 1945 evolved into Al Capone which evolved into Smooth Criminal. They probably don't sound anything similar to Smooth Criminal.

It's like how Streetwalker evolved into Dangerous.

Back