Why Michael never make a LP/CD with "his" BEATLE Songs?

mandelas

Proud Member
Hi,
we all know the story between Paul McCartney an Michael.
Michael get the owner of all Beatle-Songrights.
Long years I was hope Paul & Michael get back their friendship
and live back in harmony...

But now I ask to myself:
Why Michael never start to recording and produced a FULL ALBUM
of HIS FAVORITE Beatle Songs?

Do you know anything about it?

I don't think Michael would want to do a whole cover album of someone else's songs. Especially someone famous for their own work. He was an artist and wanted to display his own art. He did one cover of "Come Together" which was awesome. But I don't think it was ever his intention to exploit or covet a whole album of Beatles songs. There would be no reason to. He had his own music.

no, I don't anything about that.

But I think that is was very sensitive from Michael not to do so.
Their friendship was broken as Michael bought the ATV. If Michael would have used some Beatles songs for his own Paul McCartney could have felt this as affront and that would been irreparable.

Maybe both, Michael and Paul, were secretly in hope for a reconciliation. I mean in this situation an use from the Beatles songs by Michael would been not wise but tactless.

I imagine that Michael had thinked also.

@qbee: Thank you! Of course, I think about it LIKE YOU... but also I think it was costs him dearly - for "no specially reason" and lost a friend. Hm. I can`t believe that he buy the rights, only for business- or legacy- backgrounds. I think maybe it`s like many 1000 other projects & ideas of him: no time.

I'm glad he didn't. It would have felt cheap. Like Qbee said he had his own music, he did not need to rely on the Beatles. When he did covers (rarely during his adult career) it was as a tribute - Come Together, Smile - but he did not need to overdo it.

Didn't he do a cover of Strawberry Fields Forever that was supposed to appear on the Decade album? If it's true, I'd love to hear it!

Didn't he do a cover of Strawberry Fields Forever that was supposed to appear on the Decade album? If it's true, I'd love to hear it!

would be a great listen, maybe the estate/sony could release that decade album in the future? and maybe do a trilogy box set with unreleased song's, demo's from each decade? i'd love to hear the adult version of the J5 song's he recorded, for sure.

there voices suit this song so well, so soulful. would be cool if they recorded this in the studio. and the second clip looks great quality is that a umatic transfer from film?

I would love to hear MJ sing more Beatles music, but at the same time he never released a Beatles album because I'd never want him to thought of as needing that.. I would have loved to hear MJ sing several Beatles songs though, honestly I always thought the Beatles have great music I just don't like the execution of it from them. Like when I hear cover versions I like it so much better. I became more so fans of there music after hearing others sing it!! Now Michaels voice OMG!! Come Together is awesome, now to picture adult MJ singing more Beatles music, just wow to me

WOW really!? LET IT BE by The Jackson 5? Dont see/hear that before: GREAT!
Are there more songs? Or The Beatles sing a song of the Jackson 5?
(Do they meet anytime?)

@octavio001331:
Of course Michael had his own songs. Maybe you have also your own songs.
but there are always EVERGREENS which all humans sings together or
make cover version etc.
Do you sing an Xmas the evergreen Jingle Bells or
a own song?

He has own songs but not the reason I think. If Michael sings beatles songs, means Beatles bigger than MJ, Beatles songs better than his own songs... Michael was clever :)

I would not be suprized though if Michael recorded more beatles music just for his own use/for fun, or for some type of promotional use.. So who knows maybe we will hear something in the future!!

Back