Why Michael doesn't take advantage of this T25 success?

Topflux

Proud Member
I think he should. I mean releasing something completely new. If he released something new I think many people would also buy T25 if they haven't already. His current popularity would be almost doubled.

well, he is working on a new album right now, you cant expect him to rush it because of the success of thriller25. if you are saying he should release a new song, well i dont he will do that because a video would have to accompany it...

I think he should. I mean releasing something completely new. If he released something new I think many people would also buy T25 if they haven't already. His current popularity would be almost doubled.

I understand this question completely. I too wondered the same thing especially around the time when the "Thrillericous" commercial was released. It seemed like his record company was all geared up to promote T25 but he didn't seem like that was his priority at the time. Maybe something was going on behind the scene with Michael and the record Label.

Michael promoted the Thriller album really from late (from mainly 1983) 1982-84. I can't see the point of him doing any major promotion for it, as that would just be Michael Jackson living in the past.

I think if we're lucky (I already have it on video as I bought it in 1984), maybe we will get a 25th Anniversary Making of Michael Jackson's Thriller DVD at the end of the year with new interviews and some bonus footage to celebrate 25yrs since the screening of Thriller in 1983. I think that's about as much promotion Michael should do for Thriller.

lol...whatever he's doing..he knows what he's doing.

he ain't in any hurry. but i do feel if he was serious about making a move again this would be the golden time to strike. but the Man ain't ever gotta do anything ever again.

timing is never one of mjs strong points. if new music aint finished or cant be released then theres nothing you can do. but yes it would have been perfect to come back with something new after all the 25 stuff happened. heck its still going o now ive been working at events were kids are still doing the whole thriller dance ala the prisioners on utube but t25 followed by the new stuff would have been standard P.R but alas this is Mj

Michael promoted the Thriller album really from late (from mainly 1983) 1982-84. I can't see the point of him doing any major promotion for it, as that would just be Michael Jackson living in the past.

I think if we're lucky (I already have it on video as I bought it in 1984), maybe we will get a 25th Anniversary Making of Michael Jackson's Thriller DVD at the end of the year with new interviews and some bonus footage to celebrate 25yrs since the screening of Thriller in 1983. I think that's about as much promotion Michael should do for Thriller.

true... and you might say he has beein promoting Thriller for the last 20+ years...

for me T25 was a test... to see if the buynig public would see pass his past and buy he music................and he passed the test.. I would say...

cause i doubt he cared for it that much.when u are coming back after so many years away i doubt he wants the first track to be a 25 year old one.it was an easy money maker with no real outgoings for both sides

I think MJ did not step into more promotion cause he knew he would be asked to perform etc... which is something he does not want to do right now (same with touring).
T25 was easy business for him: he made 2 photoshoots (l'Uomo Vogue & Ebony) and one vudeo message for NRJ MA and he went beyond the 2M mark.
Sony wanted more from him, that's for sure, but they made it with what MJ gave them.

Back