Why fans should buy "vision, "Michael", etc..

georgdr

Proud Member
I have read a wide range of opinions on the current MJ products specifically Vision and the album Michael.

On Vision I have heard that we should have a blue ray option and that these arent the best quality transfers, etc.. Other complaints have been about content and not enough behind the scenes stuff. Some fans arent buying do to some of these complaints.

The "Michael" album has alot of fans less than excited right now for tons of different reasons which I will not get into as we all know what they are. This post/thread is my take and reasoning as to why ALL MJ fans should buy these products.

At this point you have to look at Michael Jackson as a money making business even though that sounds a little cold. The greater the demand is for MJ product, then the more product we as fans will then get. For example, if "Vision" is not successful then why would Sony or the estate spend big dollars to release future MJ projects on Blue ray as an example.

Same point for the album "michael". The more successful it is the more MJ we as his fans will end up getting in the long run. So even if there are elements of these projects that you are not happy with I think we all need to buy these projects and invest in ourselves as fans as we will get more MJ in the long run. If any MJ projects flops the only people who will be hurt are his fans.

Thanks for reading

100% not agree.

You know it, $ony know it, we all know it.
They release this "low quality" products for making money first, then in about 10 to 20 years they release a very exciting material, while they sell us little stupid compilations or this DVD quality bullshit.

Why?, why $ony?...fucking why?

Why we don't get released material like other artists, like Bjork, or U2, even Madonna...

Sadly we gonna have to wait decades for very rare material, like with The Beatles...

I definitely see what your saying. But I think the only issue is that it is not a hopeless case. As a metaphor..just because you don't like the system, doesn't mean everyone should just keep their mouths shut and get abused. This how revolutions start and how change comes about. when people band together and say No! enough is enough! If we all stood together and let sony know that millions of us around the world would not be buying its product. it would definitely take notice and do something about it, because they know full well that it is essentialy us the fans that buy all of these compilations year after year and no one else...believe me. The only trick to this is that..if only some of us boycott it and some don't..then there's no reason to boycott it at all because it won't have an impact.

So you might say, well if we boycott it and it doesnt sell..sony wont release anything. trust me, that's not happening. for many reasons. the same reason that the movie industry today churns out quality comic book movies after a few shameful ones. they know that people buy quality not rubbish. they will never stop selling mj. they want to make money and if they find out that they will generate tons of cash by puting a few extra bucks into quality then they will! You can count it, not to mention, the estate will make sure that Michael's legacy continues to prosper. So if Sony doesn't want to sell, they can easily take their contracts to someone else..

I got your point, but I disagree.

I think that not buying any crap they're releasing now will, instead of making them stop releasing MJ stuff, make Sony starts to increase the quality of their future releases. And if we don't buy the quality stuff, well, then they might not release nothing more too soon.

I would like to ask any of you,
what the new version of Smooth Criminal looks like
link
http://new.music.yahoo.com/Michael-...nal--Michael-Jackson--39-s-Vision---221528544

cause it says on mine Unfortunately :(

"The Content You Are Trying To View, Is Only Available on Certain Areas"

Is it just the same or is there any new ?
Its not a new version it is the moonwalker version just like this
video only much brighter and crisper :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP-6oEdwCNk

I do buy Vision and Michael and all singles.

Michael Jackson needs no more hit albums. He achieved more in life than anyone else.

If the Estate/Sony want more money, release MJ product and it will sell by the bucketload. Any doubt about songs will ruin an album's sales and potentially damage his legacy.

I will be buying the singles, and if possible the tracks I believe are him.

Sony signed a big contract worth (I think) $250,000,000...........

........There's definitely a lot to lose........

........Which is why their decision to release Cascio/Controversial songs is very puzzling!!!!.........

........Just talk of fake songs puts many potential buyers off the album..........

........And now the only way of Sony clearing themselves is to produce video footage of Michael singing every word of those songs.........

........Maybe common sense isn't something Sony believes in!!!!

Back