Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Why do summers start in June ?
Why do winters come too soon ?
Why do people fall in love,
When they're always breaking up ?
Oh why ?
Why do we love if love will die ?

To be honest this like one of my favourite MJ chorus ever! Its so smooth and beautiful. The thing about this song is i can really relate to it, i mean havent we all sometime wonderd '' why is the summer so short?'' and stuff like '' why fall in love if it only would led to a break up ''

This Chorus and song deserves much more recognition than it gets! I really want to hear MJ's solo version of this. I Hope they release it one day!

It is a meek, but sad chorus of a nostalgic and even hurt man, that suggests resignment towards fate and life in general. He asks rhetorically all those questions, with a smile he sings (as it can be seen from the video). "Smile, though your heart is aching".. He had a thirst for the absolute, which I hope he's now receiving at long last.

Thanx for that...now that song is stuck in my head!! :banghead: :lol:

It is a meek, but sad chorus of a nostalgic and even hurt man, that suggests resignment towards fate and life in general. He asks rhetorically all those questions, with a smile he sings (as it can be seen from the video). "Smile, though your heart is aching".. He had a thirst for the absolute, which I hope he's now receiving at long last.

Oh gosh...I hope so too. :cry:

Really feelin' the lyrics. They make so much sense.

I'd say this is an underrated song!

The lyrcis are indeed great, but I don't like the actual song very much.

Really feelin' the lyrics. They make so much sense.

I'd say this is an underrated song!

Me too! such an underrated song.
the songs somehow gives me the impression that it was written and reccorded for the dangerous album. Its a shame Mj's version did not make it into history

OH MY GOD! So he really does say BEFORE?!?! I always thought he said "after"! And I'm like.....wait, Monday doesn't come after Tuesday!!! Is this for prose, or what here?!?!

I'm surprised I never just looked up the lyrics myself, but I always swore he said After instead of Before!

^^ Yeah i thought so too! Thats what makes the chorus so special, at times u can barley even make out what he is saying. Hes pronunciation is so diffrent in this song.

Back