Why do some people act as though the moonwalks is the be all and end all of these performances

analogue

Proud Member
Yes it's Michael's most popular dance move but it's no way his most diffcult dance move, as a matter of fact i think it's one of his easiest.

I just find it really funny when people say stuff like ''Can Michael Jackson manage to pull off the moonwalk'' as if it's the hardest and most complex dance move Michael as ever done

Don't get me wrong i love seeing Mike do the moonwalk but i think that there are other dance moves of his which are much more impressive than that

Then approach it from a more positive view: what moves do you like from Michael. And what's their level in dance terms?

The public's perception is that doing the moonwalk well is very difficult and so it's only natural for them to wonder whether he can still do it.

BTW I can't do it well and I tried loads...

Yes, it is easy. But he does it with magic, I still think he can pull it off.

One difficult one that I can't manage to learn is the Side slide.

the back slide is a trick,its not a dance, mj will be able to do this with ease. i think its not the dance steps he needs to bother with,it will be his energy levels for a man of his age. mike will work on all this,hes no daft lol. he will have weeks and weeks or rehersing as all pros do.

if im honest mikes dance steps are basic compared to what all the kids are doing now.

but mjs dance steps have the magic! and its mj tht does them! so ppl love them

Agreed. .the moonwalk should be able to be done with ease. . although I remember seeing one dodgy moonwalk on one of the dates of the 30th anniversary concerts. . the moonwalk gives the 'illusion' of walking backwards, when really its just transferring the weight from one leg to another.

I didn't understand this either...it's not like he has to physically push himself to the limit on the Moonwalk, whereas it might be more difficult for him to spin around like a top and fall to his knees, like he did for "Man in the Mirror" on the Bucharest concert.

it's not what he does..it's how he does it. lots of people can moonwalk..lots of people can spin. but no one does it the way MJ does. and for MJ, all these moves are easy..

he brought these moves to prominence cus of the way he does it, and the timing, and other non tangible factors.

The general public focus on the Moonwalk b/c that was what catapluted MJ's dancing to the next level and made people really pay atention back in the day. I have a well handle on all of MJ's moves and other stuff he doesn't do. I've been krumping alot over the last year, now that's tough!

But the one thing that i've never been able to perfect is the sliding he does he in a circle. He really hasn't done it since around the mid 80's for some reason :(. To me that and his tornado spinning are the most difficult to get down well.

The Moonwalk is the most famous move and I take it as it is, but I would love to see other moves get more props. I say every single move he does as a whole!

Those who say as if the Moonwalk is the only thing, it shows they never dug his dancing any further than what the media chooses to speak on.

lol...yeah. it's not the moonwalk that people are impressed with. it's Michael's moonwalk that people are impressed with.

Because those that report it can't do it. ;) And yeah it's because Mike does it, if anyone else does it, they wouldn't be giving him the time of the day. Mike owns that sh*t. :lol:

Because those that report it can't do it. ;) And yeah it's because Mike does it, if anyone else does it, they wouldn't be giving him the time of the day. Mike owns that sh*t. :lol:
The bolded part sounds more funny with that smilie :D:lol:

Because people don't know jack all about dancing, that's why. The moonwalk is a neat step, but it's not exactly taxing physically. Michael's hardest step, and it's a step I haven't seen any of these loser wannabes's able to pull off, is doing two or three spins and then landing on his toes. That's a combination step and that takes incredible balance and control. People don't know anything, so they think an illusion step is the hardest step, when it ain't. What makes Michael's style so difficult isn't any one step, it's how he combines them. It's a million times harder to dance like Michael does then any of these tricks these street dancers do.

Back