Why do some of us still support sony?

kasume

Proud Member
They clearly took advantage of Michael when Michael was here. And they clearly did not have a good relationship, especially when Michael was going to divorce, and did divorce them. If anyone is unaware of the kinds of things sony did to Michael in their relationship, I suggest to watch the vid first to be more informed of what was going on between Michael and the company he left despite them being very angry at him.

If Michael REALLY wanted to release those unreleased songs, he would have done it when he was here. And he didn't even NEED sony to release any songs. He's Michael Jackson. ANY record company would be more than willing to take him.

So, why do some of us still support sony?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-iKzbnOOk&feature=player_profilepage

Last edited:
all i can say is MJ needed a LOT of protection, and didn't deserve to get the bad treatment he got.

Last edited:
They clearly took advantage of Michael when Michael was here. And they clearly did not have a good relationship, especially when Michael was going to divorce, and did divorce them. If anyone is unaware of the kinds of things sony did to Michael in their relationship, I suggest to watch the vid first to be more informed of what was going on between Michael and the company he left despite them being very angry at him.

If Michael REALLY wanted to release those unreleased songs, he would have done it when he was here. And he didn't even NEED sony to release any songs. He's Michael Jackson. ANY record company would be more than willing to take him.

So, why do some of us still support sony?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-iKzbnOOk&feature=player_profilepage

Agrees 100%. ..

Kasume, I think that people support Sony in the same way they support questionable authors who write about Michael, and questionable websites, for different reasons. Some fans feel that the Estate has a contract with Sony and they have no choice. Some fans what a Michael product and do not care about the source. Some fans feel the problem was with Mottorala (spelling) and not with Sony. Some fans feel that Michael is dead and Sony has done a good job with the music and TII so it is OK. Some fans feel that these things happened in the past so we should forget about it. There may be other reasons.

One thing I have to keep reminding myself is that there are different types of fans. Some fans want a Michael product at all costs. Some fans are very action/civil orientated. You will see them signing/emailing/writing documents to protect Michael, his good name, his legacy. They show up at demonstrations, court houses. Some fans buy and make decisions based on structured moral, ethical, political, social, economical, religious foundations. They try their best not to go against these foundations unless in an emergency or for basic needs (e.g., food, shelter, clothing). They think like this: Sony has done XYZ. If I buy this product what am saying to myself based on my foundations. Am I doing good with this decision? Is this product necessary? Is this product that important? Can I get it another way? etc. The opposite are the fans who also hold the same moral, ethical, political, social, economical, religious foundations, but the foundations can be easily swayed/bended/set aside in order for them to satisfy an emotional need. Hence, even though the actions of Sony is against the principals they were taught as children, to them it is not a big deal because they are not committing a crime. They think like this: hey Sony is a business; they will make money even if I do not buy; it’s not a big deal, etc.

Basically, fans are people, and like people, once they justify why they are buying or doing something, it is difficult to change their mind unless they want to.

I guess MJ fans are just very forgiving people who hope that there is still an ounce of decency left in Sony............

Another problem is that the Estate don't seem much better either!!!!!!.........

By that I mean that us fans are still not completely satisfied by any posthumous MJ release.............

Even This Is It left out too many rehearsals..........and the soundtrack was just another compilation (with some extra demos) and not a live album!!!

The Vision left a lot to be desired............

And then we're left with the Michael album...........

And now everybody's asking Sony/Estate............What's next????.........

.........It doesn't look good!!!!!!

Petrarose;3231869 said:
Kasume, I think that people support Sony in the same way they support questionable authors who write about Michael, and questionable websites, for different reasons. Some fans feel that the Estate has a contract with Sony and they have no choice. Some fans what a Michael product and do not care about the source. Some fans feel the problem was with Mottorala (spelling) and not with Sony. Some fans feel that Michael is dead and Sony has done a good job with the music and TII so it is OK. Some fans feel that these things happened in the past so we should forget about it. There may be other reasons.

One thing I have to keep reminding myself is that there are different types of fans. Some fans want a Michael product at all costs. Some fans are very action/civil orientated. You will see them signing/emailing/writing documents to protect Michael, his good name, his legacy. They show up at demonstrations, court houses. Some fans buy and make decisions based on structured moral, ethical, political, social, economical, religious foundations. They try their best not to go against these foundations unless in an emergency or for basic needs (e.g., food, shelter, clothing). They think like this: Sony has done XYZ. If I buy this product what am saying to myself based on my foundations. Am I doing good with this decision? Is this product necessary? Is this product that important? Can I get it another way? etc. The opposite are the fans who also hold the same moral, ethical, political, social, economical, religious foundations, but the foundations can be easily swayed/bended/set aside in order for them to satisfy an emotional need. Hence, even though the actions of Sony is against the principals they were taught as children, to them it is not a big deal because they are not committing a crime. They think like this: hey Sony is a business; they will make money even if I do not buy; it’s not a big deal, etc.

Basically, fans are people, and like people, once they justify why they are buying or doing something, it is difficult to change their mind unless they want to.
excellent post!!..:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I only still support them for some new songs:yes:but I know Michael didnt give his permission:no:

Petrarose;3231869 said:

What a great post.

do pl support them? i think either u dont like sony or dont really care either way

I don"t support anybody but Michael....but, what can I do if Sony releases the albums I wanna buy ?!
Then The Estate should finnaly do something about it...but I doubt it. We are talking BIG money here, and we all know how much Michael"s name earned last year...so...

But I do wonder why Michael didn"t have his own record-label...I really do.
What happened to MJJProduction ?
I know Michael talked about The King Entartainment...but that never worked. I wonder why...

mjj productions was his own company. it wasnt a record label. that was mjj music which was run by sony.record companies cost a lot to run. not much point having to do everything yourself when a label can do it

Petrarose;3231869 said:

That's the complete truth.

Petrarose;3231869 said:

1000% :agree: with you!

Petrarose;3231869 said:

I agree full force on this one. Everyone makes their own decisions and its up to you and what you feel is right in your heart. Great post!

Back