Why do even some fans say this?

Really...what the hell is it with people?

This person says he's a big fan and doesn't want to be negative.....

Well technically he did make his own skin white. It has been proven that he indeed suffered from Vitiligo but also that he used skin whiteners to even out the blotches. Vitiligo doesn't make you go white, rather creates blotches of uneven skin pigmentation. MJ decided to go white rather than black. And bleached his skin. And obviously he chose to resculpt his nose to hide his natural features. He hated his african-american nose since he was a child, because of constant taunting. Don't think Im being negative here, I'm not. I'm a fan myself. But there isn't a black or white answer to his image in the later years.

Also....

During their search, detectives found 19 tubes of hydroquinone and 18 tubes of Benoquin, both of which are commonly used in the treatment of a skin condition Jackson had called vitiligo. The disease creates patches of de-pigmented skin, and creams can be used to lighten skin that has retained its color to give a more even appearance.

"Some people with vitiligo get to the point where there is so much of them that is pale, it makes more sense to remove the bits that are brown," said Dr. David Sawcer, assistant professor of clinical dermatology at the University of Southern California.

The discovery of medical creams in Jackson's home dovetails with an odd remark Murray reportedly made soon after Jackson's death. According to police statements obtained by the AP, Jackson's personal assistant, Michael Amir Williams, told detectives that in the hospital where Jackson was pronounced dead, Murray told him he wanted to return to Jackson's house "so that he could pick up some cream that Mr. Jackson has so that the world wouldn't find out about it."

Last edited:
I saw a video a couple of days ago, I think on youtube. Can't find it anymore, if I stumble across it again, I'll post the link. It was a video of some TV show, the guest was a young black woman with her doctor. I think she was in her 20's and you could see her face and her arms and she was white. She also said that she is basically white. They showed some pictures of her as a child and you could see the white blotches. She started to cry when she was talking about how hard it was having this disease during adolescence.

I also read somewhere, more than once, that there is medication to speed up the process. That's not "bleaching", that's just speeding up the pigmentation, so you turn white quicker and get rid of the blotches sooner. I'm not a doctor, so I don't know if that's true, but it makes sense.

I hate it when people talk about things that they know nothing about. I'm not a huge fan, not like most of you people on this board, but I have known about his skin disorder for a very long time. Don't know when I heard about it for the first time, but I've known for a long time, didn't know what it was called though until a couple of years ago. So whenever I saw yet another headline about him bleaching his skin and wanting to be white or saw people on the net somewhere running their mouths, all I thought was how people can be so cruel and make fun of a disease. Of someone with a disease.

Now the nose, that's a whole different subject that I don't want to get into, I'm really getting tired of all the nose talk. Who cares?

He couldn't help the fact that he had vitiligo. As for the nose, well, everyone has their own things that they hate. Ashlee Simpson also had a nose job, and no one's giving her shit for it. Pamela Anderson had a boob job, and again, everyone seems OK with that. Countless other celebs have had plastic surgery too, and no one really says anything then? Hell, I plan on getting a nose job.

People are just stupid.

There is so much ignorance regarding rare medical conditions. Way too often people are so quick to make judgments and criticize others without having a clue about what that person is going through. Things like that makes me so angry. Michael did not only have to cope with the trauma of having an illness, which changed the color of his skin so drastically, but also with all the ridicule and judgment from people saying that he whitened his skin on purpose and that he didn’t want to be black. Even though he explained several times that this is a medical condition that he doesn’t have any control of, still people just made fun of that and continued making jokes about his skin.

I admire his strength and courage so much, how he kept going, kept on making his music, his videos, his charity work, kept on making public appearances, regardless of the circumstances he faced.
There´s an Indian proverb saying “Don't judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins.” I wish that was a rule everyone would take into their hearts and followed.

I've heard "fans" say this kind of stuff too. It blows my mind really. It doesn't make any sense how MJ supposedly "decided to go with white rather than black". His black pigment was disappearing due to Vitiligo and attemps to regain it failed, so there was no way for him to keep his natural black skin colour without using thick layers of make-up all over his body to cover up the blotches. Considering the fact that MJ sweats a lot on stage this is highly unpractical and it takes a huge amount of time and money to maintain this facade an entire career. The most logical thing to do when more than half your body has turned white, is to lighten the dark patches. This is a completely normal, regular treatment for Vitiligo patients. Those depigmentation creams were not invented for Michael Jackson.

The ignorance about this horrible skin disorder is astonishing. When you've finally managed to convince a hater that Michael really did have Vitiligo, they come up with new excuses like "Michael injected himself with something to get Vitiligo because he was so desperate to be white" (I'm not making this up). There's no use arguing with these people. When you beat them in one argument, they'll just move on to the next one (of course never admitting defeat). It's a total waste of time. They are not interested in hearing the truth.

Anyway, I'm probably preaching to the choir here ;)

His black pigment was disappearing due to Vitiligo and attemps to regain it failed, so there was no way for him to keep his natural black skin colour without using thick layers of make-up all over his body to cover up the blotches. Considering the fact that MJ sweats a lot on stage this is highly unpractical and it takes a huge amount of time and money to maintain this facade an entire career. The most logical thing to do when more than half your body has turned white, is to lighten the dark patches. This is a completely normal, regular treatment for Vitiligo patients. Those depigmentation creams were not invented for Michael Jackson.

It was the only reasonable option for him to take. Nowadays, there is re-pigmentation treatment, but in the case that it actually works, it's only temporary. The new pigment will just fade away again. What else could he do?

always watch out for people who qualify their statements. that means the opposite is true.

it's not about the money..
it's about the children..
i'm a big fan, and i'm not trying to be negative..

etc.

anything in that vain is called a qualifying statement.

you shouldn't have to talk as if there is a ghost speaking in your head that is arguing with you, because if that's the case, then that ghost is right. that ghost represents what you know to be true. ghost of guilt. and, in this case, also, the ghost of jealousy, racism, race baiting, and anything negative to do with race, and the need to bring attention to race. and the ghost of needing to make race an issue. as well as the ghost of one's own insecurity.

Last edited:
Really... let them say whatever crap these people want, they're clueless and proud, so they can't rest until they get their last ignorant word. No point in wasting your health over this..

somehow it always seems to me that people who make statements like that are just tying to get some attention or trying to start some stupid discussion...

...cause i dont know for which other reason someone starts to talk about a subject they obviously dont have a clue about...

Back