Why didn't MJ sing on a James Bond movie?

Hard Drive

Proud Member
I have wondering this for a long time but can't find any answers, why didn't Michael ever sing the title song for a James Bond movie, is it anyone who knows why? Was he never asked or did he not want to?
I have always thought that Dangerous would be the perfect song for a James Bond movie.

I don't think Michael needed Bond movies, nor do I think Dangerous is a Bond type music. I don't think he should have done it.

Dangerous is not a perfect song for a bond film, bond movies don't use pop music, this is bond style music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCY3PZ-fL2k and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CbFAZ2ztlE not really michael's style but i suppose he could have done it, a better question is why was MJ never the leading role in a Disney movie, he was perfect for that.

I agree that Dangerous is not a perfect song for a Bond film but pop music is used in those films like the ones with Duran Duran or Madonna.
Maybe Dangerous could have worked with a little change of style, we will never know :)

But I agree with respect77, MJ didn't need Bond movies anyway :)

It would have been interesting to see him take on a James Bond tune imagine him doing a music video how cinematic it would have been, Dangerous is belongs more in the film noir genre than the action genre.
When it came to the title song for the Bond films more the producers had different artists coming up with tracks example
Licence To Kill Eric Clapton & Vic Flick(the man who played the lead guitar on the original Bond theme) came up with a track that matched the gritty tone of the film. However they thought it was too dark and heard the track that Gladys Knight was working on and decided to go with that instead.

I agree that Dangerous is not a perfect song for a Bond film but pop music is used in those films like the ones with Duran Duran or Madonna.
Maybe Dangerous could have worked with a little change of style, we will never know :)

But I agree with respect77, MJ didn't need Bond movies anyway :)

Yeh with the song dangerous its about a girl seducing him and with james bond he was the one doing the seducing! so dangerous wouldnt be a perfect song choice lol

Die Another Day by Madonna is so awesome!
MJ could have done one, but it's just one of those things that never happened.

Lots of James Bond theme songs were pop songs, so the comment about them not being "pop" is incorrect.

"Nobody Does it Better" by Carly Simon
"For your Eyes Only" by Sheena Easton
"Goldeneye" by Tina Turner
"A View To A Kill" by Duran Duran

just to name a few.

But aren't 90% of Bond theme's pop songs? Also pop wasn't the only style of music that MJ has done

Last edited:
I suspect that if he was going to do music for a film (especially a film about a cool guy who gets all the girls) , he just preferred that it was his own film....!

Back