Why? BTM: No release to US radios, no release to US Dance Club by now

parabola1999

Proud Member
What on earth is SONY US doing now?
Why did not they release BTM to US radios or Dance Club?

HT became a super hit in US Dance Club, peaked at #1 on Billboard Dance/Club Play Chart, and now it's still at #8. Why did not release BTM to them? (http://blog.promotion-us.com/tag/michael-jackson all info about MJ singles at US Dance Club)

Despite HT did not succeed in Billboard R&B chart, it had been released to the radios, but now, there is still no info about the release of BTM. (please check www.allaccess.com to find the US radio singles release info and radio airplay data).

MV of BTM is exciting, but no release means no more promotion!

Last edited:
The way I understand it, BTM was supposed to be the 2nd single from the album in the USA. But Hollywood Tonight became popular. So I'm guessing that threw off the promotion.

BTM to me isn't strong enough to support in a dance club. Just my 2 cents

btm is not strong enough i believe that too.... never heared it here in holland on the radio.

I think Hollywood is good for the dance clubs, and maybe Monster-(minus the controversy)

Everything else on the album I don't think is dance club friendly. Now songs like Blue Gangsta and Slave To The Rhythm, those would kill in the clubs. :)

Not all singles have to be released for dance clubs, and if i'm honest i'm getting really sick of the whole club music craze that's happening at the moment. Behind The Mask is a breath of fresh air

Every forum (mj and non mj)'s reaction to Behind The Mask was positive. Many felt it was a highlight

It seems that although Behind The Mask was planned to be the single for the US, Sony put more effort in promoting Hollywood Tonight and because of various remixes, the song caught on in US danceclubs and dance radio stations, hence it going to #1

With the exception of the video, Sony/Epic haven't done anything to promote it. If they were to put in more effort (there's still time to promote it)

Release it on CD single and 12' vinyl with a new cover

Include about 3 or 4 remixes (some by dance music's big names and the underground's dance scene like Sam Sparro, Hot Chip, Toro y Moi, Onra, Mocky, K-Os, Justice, Paul Oakenfield, Cut Copy)

Send the video AND the original version that was scrapped to various TV stations such as VH1 (they play music late at night), MTV's subsidary channels (MTV Jams, MTV Hits), BET, Centric, and Fuse

Why making a video for the song when you are not gonna release it as a single? Sony is just so stupid.

Today we have information from polish www.michaeljackson.com site about released BTM in polish radio station :)
July 4, 2011 Polish single release!

http://www.michaeljackson.com/pl/news/behind-mask-w-polskim-radiu

W dniu dzisiejszym do polskich rozg?o?ni radiowych trafi? kolejny, trzeci ju? singiel promuj?cy album 'Michael' - piosenka 'Behind The Mask'. Poprzednie dwa single 'Hold My Hand' oraz 'Hollywood Tonight' dotar?y do zestawienia Top10 najch?tniej odtwarzanych piosenek w polskim eterze.

Nie zapomnijcie kontaktowa? si? (telefon, mail, sms, facebook) ze swoj? ulubion? stacj? radiwow? z pro?b? o emisj? piosenki 'Behind The Mask'.

En translate by google:
Today, the Polish radio hit again, the third album already promoting the single 'Michael' - the song 'Behind The Mask'. Previous two singles 'Hold My Hand' and 'Hollywood Tonight' reached the Top 10 most played overview of the Polish songs ether.

Do not forget to contact (phone, mail, sms, facebook) with your favorite station radiwow? asking for the emission of song 'Behind The Mask'.

great.

BTM in Polen and (I like) The Way You Love Me in Italy.

Seems like SONY is not totally finish with Michael.

Even though I think BTM is such a great song I don't think it will be able to "make it" in a club. For that purpose, Slave to the rhythm would be great :)

Back