Why are they doing this?

Shamonee

Proud Member
We have only waited 9 years for a new album and when it's so close to reaching us, we're not even sure if it really is Michael. This is so disheartening, but I think it's always been like this, as Michael Jackson fans, everything comes with B.S. and controversy. Why do we have it so hard? :( I just want to enjoy my hero's music and allow it to bring him back to life for a little bit.

Is that too much to ask for?

Rant in this thread if you feel the same way.

there are only about 3 songs that are questioned by the family because they were recorded in 07 at Eddie Cascio home. the rest of the songs on the album are probably more typical MJ songs.

I'm just reading up on the threads on KOP board..

"I will also say that from now on, everybody will doubt future projects, MJ songs. This is huge sabotage against Michael himself as artist and Estate. It will become a mockery, a circus."

^^^ So true. :S

because they are sony. we've been trained by Michael to recapture innocence..and ad the same time, we were barraged by people who think like sony, until, at times, MJ's voice seemed to stand alone, and some found it easier to doubt Michael's statements against sony, than it is to doubt the statements of sony, and people like them. MJ wanted to release material. now, all of a sudden, sony wants to release material? after MJ's departure?

it's more in vogue to appreciate sony, and people like them..the havey levins, and such, than it is to appreciate Michael...and that's the problem.

hasn't anyone taught sony that you are only as good as your first impression? no matter what they're trying to do, they are stupid. it's gunna be easier to believe conspiracy theorists about a lot more things..

Personally, I think if there hadn't been all the hype beforehand, there wouldn't have been all this "That's not Michael" explosion. I have spoken to a number of upset fans today and have tried to give them hope by reminding them that Michael had an amazingly huge and versatile vocal range that tended to change from album to album, so it is entirely possible that this IS Michael. When you compare Don't Stop Til You Get Enough with 2000 Watts for example, they sound almost like different people singing. But the way I see it is that's the great thing about Michael - he had that remarkable ability to make his voice do different things and that's something to celebrate not lose hope over.

I feel so sad to see so many people so disheartened by new music - after all it's all we have left now. I wish it had caused big celebrations not big upsets. I don't know for sure what the truth is but it's so sad that we can't just enjoy the new music without all this bad feeling. I hope we can all keep the faith.

Ofcourse you have to take in mind that every few years your voice changes. Invincible was released years ago, so ofcourse Michael's voice will have changed again too.

I'm sure I would have doubted this song anyway, even if there hadn't been all this messages beforehand. Sometimes I think oh yeah there is Michael. And other moments he doesn't only sound different (which would be possible), but the timing is different and just those little things that made Michael, Michael are off.
They either tweaked the song so much that it's hard to recognize (which I think is most likely), it's not Michael on some points, or we are all wrong.

I do not know what to say. I'm very confused and very worried. I hope that Sony, Estate and Jackson Family explain what is happening. :(

I'm just reading up on the threads on KOP board..

"I will also say that from now on, everybody will doubt future projects, MJ songs. This is huge sabotage against Michael himself as artist and Estate. It will become a mockery, a circus."

^^^ So true. :S

Unfortunately, this is true. :(

Did I get it wrong but didn´t the estate work on the album and Sony had to wait for the finished product?
Was Jackie Jackson involved with chosing songs to Michaels album?

Even if this track turns out to be only 50% Michael I'll be grateful that at least we're getting something. It's better than nothing and the more people scream and shout about 100% or nothing the more we risk losing the chance to hear new music altogether.

I don't know what to say about this. All I'm saying is that people NEED to stop bickering now! I just want to get the album so I can still support Michael.

^^^
I completely agree.

I think sony wants contreversy.they get sure it is Michael's voice and choose this track especially for the controversy!this will create a buzz and sell the album...i kind of get their point...they want to attract not only the fans but make curious the large public too...it is an interesting marketing solution,not a great one for the fans but it could work...

Back