why ain't we are the world as talked as Billie jean?

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
talking strickly from the impact as a Songwriter and th historic implications it has. I mean Quincy Jones gets all the glory as the Producer on the trac but Mj wrote the bulk of that track and Lionel richie had a hand in it,but why ain't We are the World from the Songwriting perspective as acknowledged as Arguably being MJ's most Important Composition as Billie jean? speak on it.

'Cause you can play Billie Jean anywhere in almost any crowd and it will be awesome. It is nearly impossible to dislike that song, discluding the off chance that one has absolutely no soul.

We Are the World, even though I like it, isn't the same at all in that regard. It's a charity song. Its historic implications are lost when people are simply trying to enjoy music. From a songwriting perspective, I actually think We Are the World is more about the melody, and that the lyrics are pretty cookie cutter.

I think I actually liked how it sounded more when MJ sang it by himself, but I have no ****ing clue what he was saying half the time during that demo, and what I did understand didn't seem to make much sense lol. But, I think the demo would've been the best version if it had the finalized lyrics, meaning that he sings it better solo.

talking strickly from the impact as a Songwriter and th historic implications it has. I mean Quincy Jones gets all the glory as the Producer on the trac but Mj wrote the bulk of that track and Lionel richie had a hand in it,but why ain't We are the World from the Songwriting perspective as acknowledged as Arguably being MJ's most Important Composition as Billie jean? speak on it.

HAHAHA...try to put on we are the wold at a party;)...then you will understand why

At the time, the song was considered bland and insipid by critics, the same thing they said about songs like Ebony and Ivory or I Just Called To Say I Love You. The original song of this sort "Do They Know It's Christmas" was trashed by critics also.

We Are The World isn't a song that peeps can dance to. Billie Jean is an Instant Party starter. :)

I'm with Bishpo31 on this one.

Billie Jean is like a "package deal", I swear it wouldn't been AS BIG as it is if it wasn't for the moonwalk and just the picture you get in your mind of Michael either in that jacket, glove and hat on stage or that epic music video.
I mean, people want to make Michael Jackson moves when they hear this song.

And that bass line, it's just infectious.

we are the world is more 80s, billie jean is a good dance track reminds ppl of MJ!

we are the world is a charity song and is extremely positive. billie jean is a party driven negative song. negativity always gets more attention, not to mention that we are the world isnt even on any of mj albums. plus billie jean is just better lol.

I think it's just because many people want to have plain fun instead of healing the world, feed the starving. It's a selfish point of view, they want to look at the bright side and not to be reminded of the difficulies in this world. That's why they avoid that kind of people or songs. They get even angry if someone tell's them to act. That's why they're so quick to forget about "We are the world".

And it is also the Moonwalk which doubles the fun factor with Billie Jean.

because We Are The World is not in the same league as Billie Jean. We Are The World is just a charity song, it is ok but it does not knock you off your feet. After you listen a couple of times you have heard enough, you dont really want to go back and listen to it to often.

Last edited:
Back