Who's Got the Biggest Selling Album So Far in 2009?

damien shields

Proud Member
I just posted about this on my site.. some of you may find the stats interesting...

Top 10 Albums of 2009:

#1. Beyonce - I Am.. Sasha Fierce - 1,027,000 copies sold
#2. Britney Spears - Circus - 964,000
#3. Bruce Springsteen - Working On A Dream - 876,000
#4. Pink - Funhouse - 820,000
#5. Nickleback - Dark Horse - 781,000
#6. Taylor Swift - Fearless - 764,000
#7. AC/DC - Black Ice - 731,000
#8. The Killers - Day & Age - 639,000
#9. Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak - 615,000
#10. Coldplay - Viva La Vida - 553,000

Full write up here: http://musicgoss.com/?p=1030
Site: http://musicgoss.com/

i guess..lol...personally i think it's too early to make that determination..lol..but..that's just me...lol

jeah it is intresting! im locking for a list wher the alltime selling artist are listed!mike nr. and then? i think bad is second like janet jackson said one time 0o dont really know :D all i know is that michael is not the one who has most platinum...the eagles has like 29 i think...

jeah it is intresting! im locking for a list wher the alltime selling artist are listed!mike nr. and then? i think bad is second like janet jackson said one time 0o dont really know :D all i know is that michael is not the one who has most platinum...the eagles has like 29 i think...
Thriller has the most sales worldwide, but The Eagles 1st Greatest Hits album has the most sales in the USA only. Before those albums, the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack was the biggest USA seller. At any rate neither has anything to do with 2009, lol.

I'll be curious to see how many units U2's new album sells. I've heard it, and it's fantastic, so I hope it'll be a bestseller.

The new Animal Collective has also been a big hit.

EDIT: Most of these albums are from 2008. Coldplay and Britney Spears came out last year. I thought this was about 2009 best sellers?

^ But they still sell this year though they were released earlier.. I don't think many albums have yet been released in 2009.

I'm curious to hear Black Ice. I love AC/DC, and if it's good, I might buy it.

Back