Who Will Be The Next Spider-Man: Patrick Fugit, Michael Angarano?

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
peterparker.jpg

In the past few weeks we’ve heard mumblings that Sony had renewed their option to make Spider-Man movies, and internet rumors of preliminary plans to shoot Spider-Man 4 and Spider-Man 5, back-to-back.
patrickfugit.jpg

Now comes word via LatinoReview that Patrick Fugit is the top name in the running to replace Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker. Now of course, no contracts have been signed, and the films have not even been officially greenlit (at least from a public perspective), so in other words - nothing is final. You probably recognize Fugit from his breakout performance in Cameron Crowe’s Almost Famous, or some of his indie work which has included Saved, Spun, and Wristcutters.
angarano.jpg

And if Fugit doesn’t work out, Michael Angarano is also said to be on the list of candidates. Angarano was most recently seen in Forbidden Kingdom, was in the superhero film Sky High, and even tried out for the now defunct Justice League movie. And while I’m not against the idea of going younger for the role, I just don’t see Angarano as Peter Parker.
I’m kinda surprised Shia LaBeouf’s name isn’t being mentioned. Some of you might also be wondering: if you’re going to go older, why not just go with Jake Gyllenhaal? Unfortunately Jake will be tied up for the foreseeable future with the big screen adaptation of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
Discuss: Who should replace Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker?

Last edited:
I think it's stupid that it has to change :( Tobey was good as Spider Man!

But from those two guys, I prefer Patrick Fugit because he looks like Tobey :D

oooo i wanna B SPIDEY :) will they be able to handle me snappin' at the green goblin ...OOOO OOOO and JaXXXon can be the gobblin' opposite me ... **muah**

I think it's stupid that it has to change :( Tobey was good as Spider Man!

Tobey only signed a 3 film contract and opted against signing on for any further Spidey movies, so it was his choice not the studios.

Reboot the franchise and have Topher Grace play Spiderman. Hellz, I'd go as far as to say that Topher was born to play Peter Parker, more so than Tobey McGuire.

Reboot the franchise and have Topher Grace play Spiderman. Hellz, I'd go as far as to say that Topher was born to play Peter Parker, more so than Tobey McGuire.

I agree that Topher Grace would be the natural Peter Parker, but rebooting the franchise right now would be dumb.

Hopefully Grace gets to play Venom again.

I agree that Topher Grace would be the natural Peter Parker, but rebooting the franchise right now would be dumb.

Hopefully Grace gets to play Venom again.
Venoms dead :(

I cant wait to see Carnage though:angel:

so what is the reason for the change?? is it just that he original does not want to do it anymore??

ummm! well if he wont do it, I think.... IDK who should do it, give me some time to think.. lol!

I would like to do it, but I want to be a bit more realistic.. who WOULD/COULD do it.

michael cuz he was so cute on will&grace....

that's where I know his face from....damn there replacing Tobey...I'd vote for him though.....damn are all the spiderman movies gonna be based in college....I guess they want to keep it young

Back