Who were the warm up acts for 'THIS IS IT' ?

I remember hearing rumours that it was going to be Leona Lewis, but im not sure if they were true though, doubt it.

Last edited:
there were rumours about ever act going since march but nothing offical was ever said.and whether there was any credibility in any of the rumours who knows.every singer going was trying to attach themselves to the tour just for the publicity

there were rumours about ever act going since march but nothing offical was ever said.and whether there was any credibility in any of the rumours who knows.every singer going was trying to attach themselves to the tour just for the publicity

Yeah, this.

I thought the winning dance group from Britains Got Talent, Diversity were?

JLS, Diversity and Signature were all rumoured but nobody was ever confirmed.

I heard it was going to be 'The Saturdays'.

But that was untrue. As Michael Jackson was the warm up act. For me.

Something tells me that Simon Cowell's PR team kept feeding all 'warm up' acts to the press as everyone who was are all co-incidently Simon Cowell acts.

but there must be some real info on all this.
there isnt any. maybe later those who were involved might talk about it as u would presume groups etc were already booked

I don't think there was going to be any acts. Michael always did his concerts alone when he went solo.

The main reason artists today get other acts to play for them is to attract more people to the show.

Even with the 50 dates, Michael still didn't meet the actual demand. He was already beyond booked.

Although, Michael was going to have that British Boy from Britain's got talent perform some time. But that's different, it was just to show the world his talent, because no one even really knows who the boy is. Michael is very thoughtful.

don't think there was going to be any acts. Michael always did his concerts alone when he went solo.
he always had support acts

tbh im surprised no has come out i said i signed contracts and was gonna be the support act. maybe none were signed up. everthing seemed to be a rush

this IS the one question that never got asked with mjjc "exclusive" with Dileo, another being a question of a hoax whether you believe it or not it would of been interesting to see him answers better questions than kid friendly...

with just over 2 weeks to go there wasnt a support act lined up or announced even though all along it was being advertised with special guests!!!!!!!!
at one point AKON was a strong candidate but no confirmation,now if anyone comes forward and says it was us going to be supporting MJ at the o2 i wouldnt believe them!

no one really but its something to talk about.rather that than alone with my thoughts

:( *sigh* I cannot accept the concerts will never happen. I dreamt of them for months, it was finally going to become reality for me, now it is forever only a dream :cry:

yeah ist a double kick in the teeth for all of us. as if the obvious wasnt bad enough you have to deal with this aswell

yeah ist a double kick in the teeth for all of us. as if the obvious wasnt bad enough you have to deal with this aswell

Yeah :( I was almost one month away from seeing him (26th July)
btw you live in Leeds like me!

I think Diversity were practically confirmed, I remember them talking about it on GMTV after Michael died. I remember that they were going to get £10,000 a night or someting like that.

I just found some information about surprise guests some days ago :

“a hungarian journalist had an interview with Kenny Ortega who directed the movie This Is It and he was talking about MJ’s plans about the tour. i try to translate as good as i can.

“We couldn’t fit every song in 3 hours but the band rehearsed all of them because Michael reserved the right to change the setlist every night. He was planning surprise guests as well, Diana Ross, Jennifer Hudson, Lady Gaga, Pink ... The list was growing every day according to when they visited London. He wanted to amaze fans every night.”

source:pinkbrasil.com

Yeah, Madonna and Britney both mentioned they where going to see the show.
Probably to appear as surprise guests I think.

Would make good sence for me.
The surprise guests get extra publicity and Michael has a good way to keep 50 shows fresh.

There was also talk about Chris Brown being on the show. This was before he assaulted Rihanna.

There was an article with Robin Thicke today. He wrote 'Fall Again' and sang backup on the song when he was 21.

He said that Michael asked him to open up a couple of shows at the O2 arena for him. So I guess he would have been one of the opening acts. Robin was really excited about doing this.

Robin Thicke is a wonderful performer and his music is sublime. I think he would have been a a great opening act for Mike.

Yeah, Madonna and Britney both mentioned they where going to see the show.
Probably to appear as surprise guests I think.

Would make good sence for me.
The surprise guests get extra publicity and Michael has a good way to keep 50 shows fresh.

That would have been epic to see the King and (debatable) Queen of pop together. And having surprise guests every night is a brilliant idea in itself. I'm having difficulty accepting the fact that these concerts will never be. He had so much ingenuity left in him... so much to uncover.

I need a time machine :cry:

madonnas manger mentioned something in an article about them possibly doing a duet at one of the shows. whether its true?

Back