Who Is It?

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
I know this is a huge fan favourite but to be honest I never really fell in love with it!

Until now that is! Wonderful wonderful song. The short film for it rocks as well. The beatboxing throughout is terrific and it was such a great direction for Mike to have taken on Dangerous.

In regards to the meaning - I always thought 'Is it a friend of mine? Is it my brother?' to be like his friends and his brother checking in on him after recovering from a breakup! I don't know why it never hit me earlier that Michael was actually directing the plea at a woman who's cheated or left him for someone else. And the whole time he's wondering who is it? Who could it be?

Anyway there's my rant on the song! Is brilliant

What does everyone else think :)

This song is one of my all time favorites. The base line and the complexity of the beat is mind blowing. Moreover, what strikes me with Who Is It and most MJ songs is that they are so ahead of their time. That's why I loved Michael. He is such a visionary. The meaning of the song is incredible. MJ's voice unmatchable. He released this song in 91! Who comes up with such perfection and that long ago?! Feels like it was released today. I get so sucked in when I hear the song not only because it sounds great, but I think how devastating it is if you find out that the person you gave your all to didn't appreciate or care. It would kill me if this happened to me. When he says "and the reason why she left me did she find in someone else?" I say how true! We want to be loved so much that we don't notice those who love us truly. Just like the woman in the video when she realized that Michael was the one who gave her what she needed, but after it was too late. The song makes you appreciate those who love you much more and be grateful to have them in your life. Calling it a masterpiece is an understatement.

Probably my favorite run of ad-libs by any artist. Ad-libs are a hugely underrated part of a song and Who Is It has some of the best ad-libs I've ever heard.

The whole track is great though, definitely of on my favorite songs by MJ and one of my favorite tracks in general.

Yeah, it's one of my favorites as well. But it took me a couple of listens to really love it, also like you. In a way it's almost painful to listen to because of how much emotion he puts into it. The beatboxing is awesome. The acapella version really tears me up inside though because he's literally crying. :( I remember listening to it the first time and just feeling depressed the rest of the day.

I got drawn in the first time I heard the rhythm. It is so cool and yet so intense. It is just perfect. It mesmerize you from beginning to end and the Video is outstanding.Only it was banned in the us..dont matter We have it on the History DVD. Michael, the lead singer, backup singer and Music. Damn I miss such once in a life time genius.

I got drawn in the first time I heard the rhythm. It is so cool and yet so intense. It is just perfect. It mesmerize you from beginning to end and the Video is outstanding.Only it was banned in the us..dont matter We have it on the History DVD. Michael, the lead singer, backup singer and Music. Damn I miss such once in a life time genius.

I miss him too! Just unmatched perfection. :wub:

Why was the video banned in the US?

Who Is It has been one of my absolute favorite MJ songs. Ever since I heard Michael sang some of it during the Oprah Interview. Over 16 years when I was 13. It was the beat boxing that he did that really made me love that song. I have like a slight obsession with that song now. I have several different versions of that song. Who Is It is one of Michael's songs that I can listen to that song practically forever and I still won't be tired of hearing it. I just love that song that much.

Probably my favorite run of ad-libs by any artist. Ad-libs are a hugely underrated part of a song and Who Is It has some of the best ad-libs I've ever heard.

The whole track is great though, definitely of on my favorite songs by MJ and one of my favorite tracks in general.
I'm a huge fan of Michael's ad-libs, lol
and yeah, I love Who Is It :yes:

I love how Give In To Me follows directly after Who Is It... and Who Is It is an incredible song and i think is one of the shining stars off Dangerous... It's awesome.

I love talking about the MUSIC aspect... Michael I'm sure loves when his fans focus on the music.

This song is one of my all time favorites. The base line and the complexity of the beat is mind blowing. Moreover, what strikes me with Who Is It and most MJ songs is that they are so ahead of their time. That's why I loved Michael. He is such a visionary. The meaning of the song is incredible. MJ's voice unmatchable. He released this song in 91! Who comes up with such perfection and that long ago?! Feels like it was released today. I get so sucked in when I hear the song not only because it sounds great, but I think how devastating it is if you find out that the person you gave your all to didn't appreciate or care. It would kill me if this happened to me. When he says "and the reason why she left me did she find in someone else?" I say how true! We want to be loved so much that we don't notice those who love us truly. Just like the woman in the video when she realized that Michael was the one who gave her what she needed, but after it was too late. The song makes you appreciate those who love you much more and be grateful to have them in your life. Calling it a masterpiece is an understatement.

^Basically the same way i feel about the song...first thing that hooked me was the bassline, then i started noticing all the elements in the song and of course the lyrics.

So true.

"Da-da, da-da.... da!"

Love that bit.

If someone asks me for the best song of all time, I'd say Who Is It. I really LOVE this song, one of the best ever!

Well, I like the whole album Dangerous.

What I love about Who is It is that the song is mysterious so sophisticated
And the video has the most elegant and sophistifacted Michael Jackson.

Probably thats why I like the song and the video.

It is definitelly my fav song from Dangerous!!!! I can hear that song for hours and dont get tired of it :D
I fell in love with it when I first lisent to it on those Pepsi comercials... I keep repeting just that bit cause I didnt knew the rest till I buy the album!
The vid is amazing! Is also my fav from Dangerous! Is from the same director as Fight CLub and Benjamin Button. Is funny how everybody understand the story in a diferent way. I always though Michael fell for that very expensive scort and she prefer to keep working. Off course that is not the official idea of it hahaha. Love it anyway!
Thanks Gone to bring this up :hug:

Back