Who is bigger: Madonna or Mariah?

Who is the bigger, more influential star, Madonna or Mariah?

• Madonna

Votes: 68 89.5%
  • Mariah

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
I'm not a fan, but Madonna is definitely more important.

I don't like the 20 notes for every syllable and overwrought type of singing of the Mariah/Celine school.

Hahaha, noone voted for Mariah.
Maddona is definitely more important but i have to say i like mariah more. I never liked Madonna

Madonna definitely. I'm not a fan of neither of them but I don't see anything special in Mariah.

I agree as Madonna being more influential than Mariah. I used to love Holiday and Get into the Groove.

to me none of them is special
one is an opportunistic gold-digging attention seeking maniac and I can sing better than her
and the other has an amazing voice but no artistic talent whatsoever - Miss Tacky all the way!!

Definitely Madonna. I remember back in the 80s I was quite a fan of hers. Sadly I was more of a Madonna fan than a MJ fan. But that change back in the late 80s. When I had started to like Michael more. But Mariah I had never like. Ever since I was 12 years old when I first of heard of her. I didn't like her I had always found her voice irritating. Though there was that one song I did like from her for awhile. But then I got sick of hearing it.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of either. And by saying I'm not a fan, I actually mean I don't like them.
From Mariah's collection, I think I like one Christmas song (All I Want For Christmas) and that's it. I really can't stand her hovering voice.
Madonna is a bit more tolerable for me. I like a few of her older songs like La Isla Bonita and a few new tracks that I have good memories of dancing to (4 minutes and Miles Away).
In terms of who's bigger, it's Madonna. Although she comes nowhere near Michael, if there had to be a Queen of Pop, I'd nominate her. And Justin and Britney can be Prince and Princess. If there HAD to be a royal family of pop. Of course they are nowhere near the same level with Michael. Just saying. Don't want any confusion there.

Whitney outclasses them both in my opinion, but that isn't the point of this thread. I'll say Madonna. Mariah is better, but if we're talking about fame, Madonna is more famous.

In terms of who's bigger, it's Madonna. Although she comes nowhere near Michael,

Yes, Michael is in a class by himself, even bigger than Elvis and Sinatra, or as Arsenio Hall said, "He's the king of it all." But back to the topic of this thread, I agree with the general consensus but I'm surprised how overwhelming it is since I remember reading Mariah outsold Madonna in the 90s and I think she has an edge in the millenium as well, although I'm not sure.

I say Mandonna for sure.
I don't find anything special or interesting about Mariah.

MADONNA!! I adore her. She reinvents herself, and tries different things. I’m not against Mariah, I even have some of her CDs, but for me, there is something about Madonna that is more appealing in both music and personality. I love Madonna’s attitude. :)

Madonna! Dont really like her though. She's just as old as my mother but i cant imagine my mother wearing this at 50: (dont really like to see Madonna in it either...)

Well the poll results say it all I think. Madonna of course! And it's not even close. Mariah is no where as big worldwide as Madonna and hasn't had the impact she's had. Mariah is the better singer of course, but for impact and worldwide popularity, Madonna wins.

Madonna, for her extensive body of work and he staying power. At 51 she still draws large crowds at her concerts and is demand around the world.

Hmmm Madonna for me! :) I was in her last concert and she was absolutley awesome!

Back