Who Gets The Catalogue?

music65

Proud Member
Who gets the beatle catalogue and does Paul Mcathy have a chance to get it back.
I am thinking it would remain Michael's seeing he was the half owner at death.

i heard he had always wanted to return it to paul.He didnt like the way they separated as friends and was keen to patch things up by giving him the catalogue back

Paul was asked twice if he wanted to buy the ATV catalog which also contains beatles songs in 1980 and 1985 and said no and then only wanted to pay half of what it was worth but blamed Michael for buying for the next 20 years.The media always said he would have owned it if Michael had not bought it but that is just not truth. It should now belong to Michaels children. And why is it always about getting it "back" to him. What about the rest of the Beatles.

the giving back to paul story is a tabloid one from march 07 when mj came to london.total B.S the kids will get it via a trust fund unless it gets split to pay the debts but consdering mj created a trust fund it was done in a way that no one could get their hands on it in the first place.the trustwas set up a couple of years ago same with mijac

Paul was asked twice if he wanted to buy the ATV catalog which also contains beatles songs in 1980 and 1985 and said no and then only wanted to pay half of what it was worth but blamed Michael for buying for the next 20 years.The media always said he would have owned it if Michael had not bought it but that is just not truth. It should now belong to Michaels children.

And I swear, as soon as Michael became owner of the ATV catalog, that's when the negative media reporting began about him. Like I have always said, the Beatles were consider golden Gods in the music industry and I firmly believe that there were people that hated the fact that Michael owned their music.

To be honest, they should be returned to the beatles as at the end of the day its their hard work and music...if someone had the rights to michael work and made money from it, i would be pissed..the kids will be left alot of his legacy, they dont necessarily need the beatles catalogue

then they can buy it back. they sold it themselves no one took it off them

The will will dictate what happens with what, we'll have to wait and see.

then they can buy it back. they sold it themselves no one took it off them
They could esally have bought it but were not even very interested. And there is a lot more than just Beatles songs in that catalogue. If Michael had the opinion that someting like that shoud be given to him I can´t see how the media would possibly have supported him in that.

To be honest, they should be returned to the beatles as at the end of the day its their hard work and music...if someone had the rights to michael work and made money from it, i would be pissed..the kids will be left alot of his legacy, they dont necessarily need the beatles catalogue

So if this is your view, do you also believe that Paul McCartney should return all the music he owns from a lot of black artists back in the day? Do you also think that Universal should return all the music they own from every single Motown artists? How far are you willing to take this judgement? Or does your judgment just stop at Michael Jackson?

All this who gets what pisses me off so much!!!!!!! Who gives a shit at this point????????? They haven't even laid him to rest and people are worrying about this bullshit!!!! All that matters at this point is those beautiful children that just lost their father and who in that family should be their loving guardian....that's all that matters right now!!!!!...Pisses me off big time that everyone is so concerned with the dollar signs and what happens with the money instead of what's truly important...............:mello:

For those that can actually think about this kind of thing, at such a time (???) Katharine is taking administration of MJ's estate for now. Michael said it will never be for sale. End of.

Paul was asked twice if he wanted to buy the ATV catalog which also contains beatles songs in 1980 and 1985 and said no and then only wanted to pay half of what it was worth but blamed Michael for buying for the next 20 years.The media always said he would have owned it if Michael had not bought it but that is just not truth. It should now belong to Michaels children. And why is it always about getting it "back" to him. What about the rest of the Beatles.

Very true, and the media always say Michael outbid Paul for the songs, when the fact it Paul McCartney never put a bid in, and he has said over the years he would by £millions for songs he wrote for free. I think as part of music publising laws go, some of the songs atomatically go back to the estate of John Lennon and Paul McCartney, and I think Paul said this in an interview a few years ago.

I doubt Michael made a will giving Paul, The Beatles publishing rights back. That's wishful thinking of the media, and them trying to make Michael look guilty for owning the songs. Besides I presume Michael would have thought Paul would have died before him, so such a will makes no sense.

I dislike the way the media always talk about Michael like the only income he ever had was from The Beatles songs. They choose to forget, that Michael owned the masters and publising rights to his own songs, that were worth millions before he died, and will be worth even more now. And that Michael also had another publishing company MiJac Music which as well as owning his own songs owned songs, but other artists such as Sly & The Family Stone etc. I find it hard to believe Michael was broke and died in debt, because his companies still genetrated a lot of money. And I presume the only people who will get their hands on Michael's Beatles song are his children and no one else. But we will have to wait and see.

And I swear, as soon as Michael became owner of the ATV catalog, that's when the negative media reporting began about him. Like I have always said, the Beatles were consider golden Gods in the music industry and I firmly believe that there were people that hated the fact that Michael owned their music.

In a way your right and I believe that has a lot to do with the negativity Michael faced from the W**ko J**ko* headline in 1986 to 2009. But the media negativity actually started in 1984 with The Jacksons, Victory Tour because of them being very expensive with a bad lottery distriputation which caused the media to wrongly claim he turned his back on his black fans because of the pricing.

Last edited:
Back