Who else loves the alternate version of BOTDF video?

helena22

Proud Member
I'm sure many of us saw this alternate version of BOTDF video. I think it's a lil bit better than the regular version. The color-ooh sexy:D

What do you think about the alternate version?

For those who never saw it before,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4AoThp4bx0

a lil info on the version: Writer David Noh, described it as, "grainy, overexposed, and sexy as sh*t" (January 26, 2006). According to Paterson, "Michael loved it, but Sony hated it and refused to release it".

Thank you for the link! I loved it. Shows a side of Michael the rest of the world didn't see. Sony was dumb not to like it or release it!

The question should be "who doesn't like the alternative version of BOTDF?" :lol: I love it :yes:
My bad. Shoulda put that as the title:D

OoowWww! :dance:

That was hot!

Coulda swore I saw a flash of butt cheek.

MJ wanted to be a little risque, huh? Lol.
I think he went for more um dangerously sexy route on this one. He was in his late 30s oozing that mature sex appeal here:blush: Wish they had included more and focused shots of him and the Suzie woman (heard she previously had danced for Prince)

Thank you for the link! I loved it. Shows a side of Michael the rest of the world didn't see. Sony was dumb not to like it or release it!
You're welcome:) Yea Sony sucks. They (whoever was in charge) can't even spell "art":smilerolleyes:

I love this video, but absolutely despise the remix. This video would be killer if it was to the original song.

nooo. i hate that remix. are we sure MJ had a problem with his original music mix? i have a hard time believing that.

I do :clapping:
Michael looks so sexy in that video :heat:

OMG do I ever so love it. I just so totally wish I was that girl that was all over Michael. And what makes the video even more sexier is to see Michael stroking that girl's arm. Only Michael can make that look so totally sexy. And I just so love this version of Blood On The Dance Floor. I like it better than the original.

Generally I hate remixes but this one is really good!! Of course the original song is still better.... The video is absolutely AMAZING and SEXY!!! Look how she touches him.... GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY MICHAEL:rant:!!!! She's one lucky girl....:glare:

OMG do I ever so love it. I just so totally wish I was that girl that was all over Michael. And what makes the video even more sexier is to see Michael stroking that girl's arm. Only Michael can make that look so totally sexy. And I just so love this version of Blood On The Dance Floor. I like it better than the original.

I LOVE the part of Mike stroking her arm...I love it when he does things like that...SO sexy!

:wub:MG Michael wearing that red leather suit and his shirt oh la la :D THANK YOU!!! :yes:

nooo. i hate that remix. are we sure MJ had a problem with his original music mix? i have a hard time believing that.
The alternate version video originally had the original version of the song, not the remix. I did see that before, but it doesn't seem to be on youtube anymore, so I brought this instead.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this helena22. I hadn't seen it at all. I didnt even know it existed. I love it!!!

I got two questions (for u and everybody):

1) I love the way mj dances in this video. I love the dance step he executes from approximately 0:40 to approximately 0:42, what dance is that dance step from please ? I know it might just be one of his but in case it isnt i'd like someone to tell me as i'd like to learn that dance.

2) What is the way he dances holding the woman wearing a red dress called please ? Is it salsa or ?

Thanks again!!!!!!! Happy new year everybody!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i guess most only love it because its something rare.

it has 1-2 nice extra scenes but overall i think it looks pretty unprofessional...
i can understand, if that was the case, that sony rejected it like this.

my theory is though... that this was rehearsal shots made just for fun by Paterson
with the easy 8mm camera. (thats a cult object with all filmmakers)
i mean it looks like taken at the same set ...same time when the released video was done.

sure it sounds more interesting when he tells his "sony rejected it. this was the original video" story. ;)
he should have used the Fugee remix for the youtube release.

Back