who else endured the crazy atomosphere at Popeyes today

MJJChichi

Proud Member
it was like an MJ sighting at Popeyes today. The police were there, the yellow tape lines were up ... it was maddness !!

I gotz mah chicken though Heheeheee

Love That Chicken !!

it was 'popeyes payday' ... an 8pc box for $4.99.

people were in line around the block. the line for the drive thru had traffic stopped for two blocks. The police made them shut the drive thru because of it :lol:

wow...that's cheap. lol..no wonder. a lt of places are doin that, and somr are having free giveaways like ihop. must be cus of the economy

Good for you Chi! I'd not have the patience to be in line THAT long. Popeyes is good though..

i ain't even tryin to mess w/ that. we just went to kfc instead and got the grilled bucket...hella small was like eating pigeons...

u know my mouf and u know how i can get when im hungry so it would've been a receipe for disaster!

Dang I forgot all about that special, I got a flyer in the mail advertising it. There are only 2 Popeye's in Dayton that I'm aware of, for whatever fool reason they've never had a huge enough following here to build more sites. The closest one is about a 20 minute drive from me and I just never remember to go there, but it IS worth it when I do.

Glad you were able to get your chicken, Chi! :D

KFC is doing free chicken April 27th. :wild: :lol: saw the commercial last night, they're promoting their new grilled chicken. :p

i know it,s not kfc,but are you sure michael wasn,t in the que for the chicken,he loves his chicken,i,m only joking by the way.,

Is Popeye's Chicken really that good? I wouldn't know because the closest one to me is a good half an hour away from me. My town at one time used to have a KFC but that permently closed up a good few years or so ago. So did the one in the town closest to my town. So I have totally forgotten what KFC chicken tastes like. So now the only way people want chicken in my town is either for them to make it themselves, go to a super Wal-mart, the grocery store, or go to this one restraunt that my town has.

Yummy! I want KFC now though :(

Anyway, returning to this thread reminded me of my funny encounter on friday :lol: I was in Part Dieu, a large shopping centre in Lyon, and someone had dropped one of those big paper cup things full of coke and ice cubes outside 'Quick' fast food restaurant. The security guard had the whole of the front of the show taped off (yellow and red tape and everything) and was picking up the ice cubes one by one, really carefully, with one of those large claw grabbers you can get. It was the funniest thing!! I just couldn't stop laughing at the look of concentration on his face as he was picking up the ice!

Back