Who Are Your Favourite Artists??

benmh92

Proud Member
I expect most people's will be MJ (or at least up there). I know MJ is my favourite, and i own all his songs (including 66 unreleased/rairities after finding 35 more today :D).

I was wondering who everyone else liked as well. My favourites would have to be Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Feeder and The Killers. I think Feeder give some of the best lyrics in Rock music today, and if you haven't heard of them i would really recommend to give them a listen. (Turn is my pick, brilliant musically and lyrically but there's many more including a vast array of B Sides that are awesome) Lately also i have been enjoying The Beatles and looking forward the their remastered collection which comes out just after i go to see MJ in the O2 so September is looking good :D

In terms of R&B today and the artists who heavily influence from Motown/MJ, Lemar and Ne-Yo are probably my favourites but in terms of music currently Keri Hilson i have been really enjoying in the past month.

Anyway discuss (and i hope this is the right section)!

I think there are at least 20 of these threads already, lol.

Well.. my favourite of course is Michael Jackson :p
but i love Eminem who's probably my second favourite artist
don't judge him on him being stupid with the Michael Jackson video thing. I agree that was stupid and uncalled for. But some of his songs are genious.
Although i don't really relate to Eminem i still think he words his lyrics good.. and he seems to have had a hard life. oh well.
but my favourite IS only Michael Jackson and i'm not going to explain why because i can't :wub:...he's Michael Jackson! end of.

112, 2Pac, 3T, 50 Cent , Abba, Ace Of Base, Aerosmith, Akon, Anastacia, Artful Dodger, Ashanti, Backstreet Boys, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Beautiful South, Beyonce, Big Brovaz, Billy Joel, Black Eyed Peas, Black Box, Blackstreet, Bluebells, Blur, Bob Sinclar, Bobby Brown, Bomfunk Mc's, BON JOVI, Bonnie Tyler, Boys II Men, Boyzone, Brandy, Britney Spears, Bros, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Carlos Santana, Celine Dion, Chaka Khan, Chesney Hawkes, Chris Brown, Chris De Burgh, Christina Aguilera, Coldplay, Connor Reeves, Craig David, D12, Darren Hayes, Deep Purple, Destiny's Child, Dido, DMX, Donna Summer, Duffy, Dr Dre, Dru Hill, Duran Duran, The Eagles, East 17, Elton John, Elvis Presley, Eminem, Enrique Iglesias, Estelle, Eternal, Europe, Evanessence, Fat Joe, Foo Fighters, The Four Tops, The Fugees, Fun Lovin' Criminals, The Game, Gorrilaz, Green Day, Guns 'N' Roses, Ice Cube, Ja Rule, The Jacksons, James Brown, Janet Jackson, Jay Sean, Jay-Z, Jodeci, Justin Timberlake, Kaiser Chiefs, Kanye West, Katie Melua, Kelly Clarkson, The Killers, Linkin Park, Lionel Richie, Luther Vandross, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Mario, Maroon 5, Marvin Gaye, Mary J Blige, MC Hammer, Meatloaf, Michael Jackson, Muse, Mylo, Nate Dogg, The Notorious B.I.G, N*Sync, Nelly, Nelly Furtado, New Kids On The Block, Nirvana, Oasis, P. Diddy, Paul McCartney, Phil Collins, Pink Floyd, Prince, Prodigy, Queen, R. Kelly, REM, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Ricky Martin, Richie Sambora, Robbie Williams, Rod Stewart, The Rolling Stones, Room 5, Roxette, Royksopp, Savage Garden, Seal, Sean Paul, Shaggy, Shakira, Shania Twain, Sisqo, Snap, Snoop Dogg, The Spice Girls, Status Quo, Stevie Wonder, The Supremes, SWV, t.A.T.u, Take That, The Temptaions, Toni Braxton, Travis, U2, Usher, Vanilla Ice, Warren G, Weird Al Yankovich, Wham!, Whitney Houston, Will Smith, Will Young, Xzibit

(copied & pasted from my FaceBook profile :lol: )

Last edited:
Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Jackson 5/Jacksons, John Legend, Donny Hathaway, Ledisi, Maxwell, D'Angelo, Curtis Mayfield, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Prince.

Lots of others, but those make up the bulk of my listening habits.

My favorite artists after Michael are......

01. David Bowie
02. Prince
03. Marc Bolan (aka T.Rex)
04. The Beatles
05. Roxy Music
06. Jimi Hendrix
07. Sly & The Family Stone
08. James Brown
09. Blondie
10. The Who
11. Karftwerk
12. Gary Numan
14. Adam & The Ants

I haven't put The Jacksons/ Jackson 5 on my list, as I consider that a huge part of Michaels career, so it's No.1 with Michael.

Mr. EM JAY Jackson :p
Lily Allen
John Lennon
The Beatles
Coldplay
Nirvana
A.R. Rahman
Beethovan

Marvin
Stevie
Donny
Tina
Mary Wells
Isley Brothers
George Clinton/P-Funk
Isaac Hayes
Curtis Mayfield
Aretha
Gladys Knight
The Temptations
The Marvelettes
The Funk Brothers

Prince
Smokey Robinson
The Beatles / solo John and Pauly
Tina Turner
Little Richard
Mary J. Blige
En Vogue
Dolly Parton
James Brown
Harry Connick Jr.
Frank Sinatra
R. Kelly
Debbie Harry / Blondie
Gwen Stefani / No Doubt
Janet Jackson
Coldplay
Diana Ross / Supremes
Madonna
Elvis Presley
Lisa Marie Presley
New Kids On The Block
Christina Aguilera
Whitney Houston
Maria Callas
Selena
Despina Vandi
The Beach Boys
Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins
best for last Michael / Jackson 5

I think there are at least 20 of these threads already, lol.

Lol, you're right, I think there's about a billion of em if you search for it.

Eh, i'll bite this one.....because I am stalling on writing a paper.....

Michael Jackson
John Mayer
Stevie Wonder
Prince
SRV
Janet Jackson
Alicia Keys
Allison Krauss
Tony Rice
D'Angelo
The Beatles
The Police
Van Halen
Ben Folds

I guess those are the big ones...

The Archies
Alvin & The Chipmunks
Jem & The Holograms
Kidd Video
Josie & The Pussycats
Warrant
David Hasselhoff
John Tesh
The Brady Kids
Right Said Fred
The Commitments
Bay City Rollers
Milli Vanilli
CB4
Good Question
William Shatner
Don Johnson

The Archies
Alvin & The Chipmunks
Jem & The Holograms
Kidd Video
Josie & The Pussycats
Warrant
David Hasselhoff
John Tesh
The Brady Kids
Right Said Fred
The Commitments
Bay City Rollers
Milli Vanilli
CB4
Good Question
William Shatner
Don Johnson

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really, really, really love James Newton Howard's work.
He's to me the gentleman amongst gentlemen and has written some of the most glorious music ever.
Hans Zimmer is another favourite.
I'm really more into following producers/composers rather than artists.

To me it doesn't get much better than this.
"Will You Help Me" from the sountrack of "The Village" by James Newton Howard.
(Violin played by Hillary Hahn)

Back