White Pop Singers and Rappers what you think?

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
when it comes to colaborations do you feel it is respect or do you feel that the record company is trying to make said white act appear cool and legit?

for instance recently britney spears is gonna do a duet with rapper gucci mane how you feel about that?

it is suppose to be about street cred. whatcha think?

when it comes to colaborations do you feel it is respect or do you feel that the record company is trying to make said white act appear cool and legit?

for instance recently britney spears is gonna do a duet with rapper gucci mane how you feel about that?

it is suppose to be about street cred. whatcha think?

the record company tryin to make the act appear cool and legit .
i always cringe .

I don't think it's a race thing, I think it's just the company trying to capitalize on both artists' success.

The problem we have is that there haven't been many white rap singers that have had a real chance to get into mainstream...............

But based on what's available................my favourite rappers are all black (and mainly 90's rappers)..............

It doesn't always work though. Wth was Luda doing on a Justin Bieber video? :mello:
Hustlin...getting the checks.....I don't think he cared much about musical chemistry. All about connections and label schemes. Another 'WTH' moment was when Snoop rapped on that Pussycat Dolls song...the title was..let me see.....yeah 'Buttons' and now 'California Gurls' by Katy Perry. He's really been playing the role of "cool uncle Snoop" to these kids.

omg Britney is going to do a song feat Gucci Mane lolll :lol:

I don't think it's a race thing, I think it's just the company trying to capitalize on both artists' success.

I agree with this ^

They are just picking the rap artist that is the most popular,,,,also they're not that many popular white rappers out there are they? (except Eminem)

My pet peeve about putting two artists who are popular in the mainstream together is that it won't always work artisticly. Some people think ''Oh let's put Taylor Swift and Beyonce (Just naming random names) together, that's sure to bring something great'' but that's not always true. Putting two popular names together won't mean that anything good is gonna come out of it

From a business point of view however it is a great idea and sadly that's what the music industy is about these days. It's not the Music Business anymore it's Business Music.

Back