which mobile should i buy?

man.in.the.mirror

Proud Member
my old mobile is broken,and i am planning on buying a new one.
with michaels upcoming concert coming up,i wanted to keep intouch with mjjcommunity whilst i am there in london on august 10th,
i know with most mobile phones you can connect to the internet with,
you see i was going to take my laptop if the hotel we were staying at had an internet connection.
anyways is there a good value phone that can do all this?,that anyone knows of.

Backberry's have free internet? are you SURE about that?

You can get an unlimited data plan on any phone these days, on o2 it's £7 a month.

If you can hold out a couple of months I suggest...

The Nokia N97 http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/02/nokia-unveils-flagship-n97-phone/

The Sony Ericsson 'Idou' http://blog.se-nse.net/idou-is-sony-ericssons-upcoming-121-megapixel-phone/

or The HTC Touch Pro 2 http://www.intomobile.com/2009/02/16/htc-unveils-touch-diamond-2-touch-pro-2.html

All three phones look excellent, the Sony has the best camera but I think the Nokia is a better all rounder.

Whatever you decide check out www.mobileburn.com as it always has the latest info and www.expansys.com has good info on when things come out and the prices.

Hope that helps!

Almost forgot the iPhone! Although there should be a new one out soon too...

Ooh hope so! The good thing about being on the iPhone is that when a new one comes out you can get it for free, as long as you renew your contract from that date for another 18 months. I'll probs always have one cus I can't resist them lol. :lol:

can you get a pay as you go iphone,or are they just available on contract?.

Yeah you can get them on pay as you go, but it's not really worth doing that because the phone itself is really expensive and on contract you get unlimited internet which you need really on the iphone. Contracts are kind of expensive too, I suppose it depends how much you want one. If you're looking for the internet on a phone that isn't so expensive, then try one of the smartphones scottishMJdude posted. I don't know much about those but they seem pretty cool.

You are not going to get any of the phones I mentioned or the iphone on pay as you go without paying a lot of money for the phone I'm afraid. Also as mentioned you need a contract for unlimited internet on any phone.

Most phones are 'free' on contract though and with o2 at least it's only about £35 a month for a decent internet contract with plenty free calls and texts.

thanks guys for all your advise,i,ve been looking at some of the pay as you go and the contract phones you mentioned,

I bought a lg ks 360 i think you can use the internet for 1 pound a day-which is not bad.i am using it now to post just to see if it works

it also depends on the network your on I am on O2 and surfing on there site is free :) but if you need to go on MJJC you will have to pay but its not that much.

it also depends on the network your on I am on O2 and surfing on there site is free :) but if you need to go on MJJC you will have to pay but its not that much.
yes the phone i bought is on orange,yesterday to try it out i pais £1 pound for 1 day browsing,came on to mjjc an then later checked my balance and it was still the same.

Back