Which era(s) give you the most nostalgia?

Which era(s) gives you the most nostalgia?

• Jackson 5 era

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The Jacksons era

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Off The Wall era

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Thriller era

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Bad era

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Dangerous era

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • HIStory/Blood On The Dance Floor era

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Invincible era

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

analogue

Proud Member
For me it's the Bad and Dangerous era's. I became a fan during 1989 so i was a fan at the end of the Bad era/going into the Dangerous era

HIStory era. I became a fan in 1995 and the HIStory era was a great time. Loads of music videos, performances, the tour, Ghosts, BOTD album... it was a great time to be a fan.

Invincible era sucked.

Invincible was dissapointing. Michael really didn't contribute enough of his self written and composed songs for that album.

Thriller, Thriller, Thriller it was an awesome time, you guys who did not get to experience it really missed out on an amazing time. I can't believe bad is beating thriller must be some young folks voting that came around after Thriller.

Invincible. I remember History but I was too young to comprehend it.

I like the ablum invincible. i heard of michael in 2006-2007 and didnt become a hard fan until late 2008-early 2009. before he died. i didnt jump on the bandwagon

Definitely the Dangerous and HIStory Eras for me. Mainly because those are the 2 eras where I really started to get in to my beloved Michael. Especially the HIStory Era where I really started to become the hardcore fan that I am now. It was also the first MJ era where I can remember all of it. I was 15 then.

Bad and Dangerous mostly. I grew up in the late 80s to late 90s. Smooth Criminal/Moonwalker might have been the first thing I saw of Michael. It's the first thing I can remember anyway. That and Captain EO. Moonwalker definitely gives me a lot of nostalgia when I watch it. I always feel like a little kid again.

To Me Thriller,Bad,Dangerous And HIStory But BAD Era Was The Best

To me Invincible is his best (he said so himself). Also, I became a devoted fan only after he died, so it's Invincible for me.

HIStory era for me. In 1996 I had just moved into a student flat and bought HIStory album, and I listened it all the time! At that time I became also familiar with MTV and all the short films of Michael - and they just blew my mind. :wub:

Invincible..I remember seeing YRMW for the first time and being blown away...It wasn't until 2002 that I started to become a huge fan..That time period will always remain very close to my heart and special for me..

It's my favorite album and era of Michael..

Bad era. Though I think Michael's best album was Dangerous but I became a fan during Bad era and it was magic: the album, the videos, the tour, everything.

For me - that would be Bad.
I was 17 when Bad was released, eventhough I was crazy about Michael in Thriller era , Bad did things to me.
I was totaly crazy about him and everyone around me had to listen to the album 10 times a day. :)
Guys were dressing like Michael....trying to dance like him...it was heaven.
My love never stopped...I loved him more and more but Bad days create sweetest memories for me.

Thriller, Thriller, Thriller it was an awesome time, you guys who did not get to experience it really missed out on an amazing time. I can't believe bad is beating thriller must be some young folks voting that came around after Thriller.
Oh, well, we are all free to disagree, no big deal ;)

My first memories of MJ came from my evenings in front of the TV with my parents in my sister, after my day in the kindergarten, watching The Jackson Five on a small black & white tv!! Just think of that!!! :lol:

I voted Thriller for those were simply incredible times to live. I was very, very young, but I will never forget how Michael was simply everywhere and no one, really NO ONE in his/her mind would dare to make fun of him. He was fresh, clean, ready to rock, so yound and with such a light in his beutiful eyes (when you had the chance to see them, lol!). Back then I had no money to buy anything, for I do remember seeing MJ's face everywhere. Maybe it was an overdose of Michael :D Whatever it was, it brought so much envy and hate on him by so many.

Bad was also an amazing time to live too. Again, Michael EVERYWHERE!!! And his videos... O-M-G!!!!!!!!!!! :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed Surprise after surprise. His dances!!!! His moves!!! His looks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wild: You didn't need to ask for his music, for his music was ruling the charts. You didn't have to explain why you love his music, for his music WAS to be loved by everyone. But this was also the time when the really funny stupid stories began taken the place of his music. Step by step you will see more strange rumors instead of real information. MJ and the elephant man's bones, MJ changing his face to look like Diana Ross, you name it...

Then Dangerous. This was really the first time I had the money to buy a cassette (loooolllll :lol: just think of my age!). One of the first I could get by December 1991. I remember me waiting for BOW. Then my shock to see Michael "kissing" Iman!! :bugeyed:bugeyed and then MJ dancing with Naomi!! :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed Then fell for Who is it? as Will you be there? took me to another level :wub: This is really MY era. Michael visited Chile in 1993, I went to his show, first row, got to say hello, he blew a kiss to me (enough for me to go --> :swoon: ), but then, just a couple of months later, the real nightmare began :no:

HIStory was excellent too, but to many sharks and horrible stories. that thing about TDCAU was so, so stupid!! :doh: Chilhood video broke our hearts, just as YANA got me on my nerves!! (aaaahhh, that LMP girl!!! :angry:)

BOTD really is not my fav at all... and then, by 2001, I had by far the most difficult year of my life ever. I hardly paid any attention to MJ or anything at all. I was totally out of my mind, so bad, my life and all I was and had done really on the line... I still wonder how I managed to survive that year... but then, no. I have the answer: that was the year my little niece was born :yes:

Wowww... a whole life with Michael Jackson!! It's really so difficult to understand and accept he is no longer here :(

I was born when Thriller was a year old so I can't remember it! lol I will say Bad era cause that's when I was old enough to know who he was and that's when I became a fan at age 4! :p But, my fave album is Dangerous!

From Jackson Five till Off The Wall... we were sooo young and everything was sooo magic!

But... I am nostalgic for all era's (oh Michael, you were always magic and we love you so much!)...

...But maybe HIStory gives me after all the most nostalgia... although I was not an "active fan" then and I had to "recuperate" it all later on :-(
For me nothing can give me more nostalgia than songs out of HIStory, and above all : "Earth Song"...
"Look what we've done" :-(
Michael's nostalgia for a planet Earth that once was pure and healthy... and has to and will heal again, a planet Earth that is healthy and not spoiled and sick, but good for everyone to live on...

I voted HIStory era, because that was when I became conciously a fan and could go to concerts for the first time, but before I was always mesmerized by him. My first 'boyfriend' when I was six years old imitated Michael and his dancing. No wonder I fell in love with him. I remember Michael being everywhere. The air oozed Michael, everyday there was at least one reference to him. Dangerous era. I remember there was this girl in my class who was a HUGE MJ fan and had a fake broken arm because Michael had one and I remember my mom glued to the tv watching the Oprah interview. I was intrigued too. I also remember that my teacher wanted to have a lenghty discussion with the class about the Chandler claims. The class eventually came to the comclusion that it was hardly believable that a man like Michael Jackson, of such good deeds and manners, would do such a thing and that it was to be seen if he ever got to be convicted. I remember this vividly and now I think it was really cool for my teacher to stir up such a debate among children rather to let them just copy gossip and hearsay. We always had discussions about current events with him I must add.

But back to HIStory. Seeing Michael live, taping every MJ weekend on MTV, switching between different radio stations just to hear who played which MJ song, the release of new videos, award ceremonies, rumours of more HIStory concerts, the reaal craqppy and the really glossy fanzines, the fan days, the fan weekends, the collecting of everything, the begging record stores for promotianal stuff, everybody warning me when something MJ was up on the telly, driving my neighbours crazy by blasting Earth Song through an open window because I was doing everybody a favour by blasting such brilliance loudly into the world, plastering my room with his image, Michaeling with a friend, sending stuff to Neverland with the adress reading: Michael Jackson, King of Pop, Neverland Ranch, Los Olivos, California... Those were the days!

...But maybe HIStory gives me after all the most nostalgia... although I was not an "active fan" then and I had to "recuperate" it all later on :-(
For me nothing can give me more nostalgia than songs out of HIStory, and above all : "Earth Song"...
"Look what we've done" :-(
Michael's nostalgia for a planet Earth that once was pure and healthy... and has to and will heal again, a planet Earth that is healthy and not spoiled and sick, but good for everyone to live on...
Oh yes, this is true!

I also remember that my teacher wanted to have a lenghty discussion with the class about the Chandler claims. The class eventually came to the comclusion that it was hardly believable that a man like Michael Jackson, of such good deeds and manners, would do such a thing and that it was to be seen if he ever got to be convicted. I remember this vividly and now I think it was really cool for my teacher to stir up such a debate among children rather to let them just copy gossip and hearsay. We always had discussions about current events with him I must add.

wowww!! Now that is really great from a teacher! It is certainly great to have children to discuss current issues in that way, especially in the case of someone as Michael Jackson, whoe reputation was stolen over and over again. Great memory!

But back to HIStory. Seeing Michael live, taping every MJ weekend on MTV, switching between different radio stations just to hear who played which MJ song, the release of new videos, award ceremonies, rumours of more HIStory concerts, the reaal craqppy and the really glossy fanzines, the fan days, the fan weekends, the collecting of everything, the begging record stores for promotianal stuff, everybody warning me when something MJ was up on the telly, driving my neighbours crazy by blasting Earth Song through an open window because I was doing everybody a favour by blasting such brilliance loudly into the world, plastering my room with his image, Michaeling with a friend, sending stuff to Neverland with the adress reading: Michael Jackson, King of Pop, Neverland Ranch, Los Olivos, California... Those were the days!

oh, yes, yes, yes!!! I would be changing the dial as crazy too!!!

I voted a few days ago and now I try to remember what I have voted for?I really can't remember.
I am old enough to be a fan from Thriller era but I didn't hear about Michael until 1985 when WATW came out and it was the first single that ripped out the Iron Courtain and was broadcasted on TV.I didn't hear Thriller until the 1989 Revolution.Bad and Dangerous both were the soundtrack of my student years.
I was never a "screaming fan" because I am kind of introverted, I can't express my feelings to anyone.

Now, I am thinking that the most nostalgic I am for Motown era.And no, I am not that old,but I would have loved to grow up with Michael, to experience the impact he had on his first TV appereance, at his first live performances.The world had never seen before such an amazing talent in such a cute, sweet little package.

I would have wanted to see him before he was a king.

Back