Which charities did Michael support?

xo_lola_xo

Proud Member
Hey guys. :flowers:

My 16th birthday is coming up (January LOL) and I usually start planning four or five months before it and I usually throw large parties but I wanna do something different this time.

This is really the worst time of my life and I'm nowhere near over grieving about Michael so I want to do something to make him proud and use "Man in the mirror" as an inspiration. I want to donate money to some charities Michael supported.

I'm aware he supported 38/39 (am I right?). However, I don't know which ones. Can you please tell me some of them and tell me a little bit about them to help me choose?

Thank you. :flowers:

P.S. I know the mods are having a hard time so I hope I posted this in the right section.

Hey guys. :flowers:

My 16th birthday is coming up (January LOL) and I usually start planning four or five months before it and I usually throw large parties but I wanna do something different this time.

This is really the worst time of my life and I'm nowhere near over grieving about Michael so I want to do something to make him proud and use "Man in the mirror" as an inspiration. I want to donate money to some charities Michael supported.

I'm aware he supported 38/39 (am I right?). However, I don't know which ones. Can you please tell me some of them and tell me a little bit about them to help me choose?

Thank you. :flowers:

P.S. I know the mods are having a hard time so I hope I posted this in the right section.

There are so so many...you can check the Mr.Jackson Charity Thread on MJJ Community.

Mr.Jackson would be very proud of ANY type of help you could offer...whether it be a donation, volunteer, tutoring, or helping another across the street...

If there is just "one" person that you help;

You are helping to make the world a better place and definately making a difference in someone elses life..!

WE are on a mission...Because of World Conditions

:angel:Keep Helping To Heal The World...WE are the World...Education IS The Key~~~

that's a great thing to do, you should be proud of yourself. also i think this is a great thing for anyone to do at christmas, instead of buying people a load of stuff they don't need, give to charity on their behalf instead :) i especially like oxfam, you can buy books, vaccines, animals etc for people in developing countries.
anyway to be on topic, it says in the guinness book of records all the charities michael supports, can't name them off the top of my head though lol too many.

What an excellent idea! I really like this and I want to something like that too ( my birthday's in January too LOL). Anything to make MJ proud!

Heal The World Foundation! That's the one Michael founded. :D It's a great charity and whenever I can, I donate money to them.

Heal The World Foundation! That's the one Michael founded. :D It's a great charity and whenever I can, I donate money to them.

From what I was reading yesterday, that charity stopped existing in 2003 or 2005. The one that exists now (called Heal the World, and which claims Michael as the founder) would aparently have nothing to do with him...

Source: http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=59
[FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]
Charities:
[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]The singer’s humanitarian commitments during the course of his life are accredited in the Guiness Book of World Records and in the Year 2000 Millennium Edition, establishing him as the pop celebrity having supported the most charities, registered as 39, as well as other affiliated organizations and projects, namely: AIDS Project L.A., American Cancer Society, Angel Food, Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles, BMI Foundation, Inc., Brotherhood Crusade, Brotman Burn Center, Camp Ronald McDonald, Childhelp U.S.A., Children's Institute International, Cities and Schools ScholarshipFund, Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation, Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), Dakar Foundation, Dreamstreet Kids, Dreams Come True Charity, Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Love Match, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Minority Aids Project, Motown Museum, NAACP, National Rainbow Coalition, Nelson Mandela's Children's Fund, Red Cross, Rotary Club of Australia, Society of Singers, Starlight Foundation, The Carter Center's Atlanta Project, The Sickle Cell Research Foundation, Transafrica, Unesco,United Negro College Fund (UNCF), United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope, Volunteers of America, Watts Summer Festival, Wish Granting, YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw.[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]
Research has shown that Mr. Jackson has supported at least 33 more charities, namely: Democratic National Committee, Community School/Safety Havens Initiative, Lupus L.A., United Nations High Commission for Refugees, Atlanta Children’s Foundation, Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Social Change, Foundation for the Junior Blind, Oneness, Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation, The International Child Art Foundation, Go For Your Dreams, Opportunity Village, Off-Road-Kids e.V, UNICEF, T.J. Martell Foundation for Leukemia, Cancer and AIDS Research, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, National Solidarity Fund, Family Caring for Families, Operation Christmas Child, Children's Defense Fund, Children's Diabetes Foundation, Boys and Girl Clubs, Ghandi Foundation for Children, Crown Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn's, Heal L.A., Prince’s Trust, Youth Sports & Art Foundation, Jane Goodall’s ape research institute, Children’s Wish Foundation, Give For Life, Wishing Well Fund, [/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]MusiCares [/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]and Camp Good Times.[/FONT]

Source: http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=59

[FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]Charities:[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]The singer’s humanitarian commitments during the course of his life are accredited in the Guiness Book of World Records and in the Year 2000 Millennium Edition, establishing him as the pop celebrity having supported the most charities, registered as 39, as well as other affiliated organizations and projects, namely: AIDS Project L.A., American Cancer Society, Angel Food, Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles, BMI Foundation, Inc., Brotherhood Crusade, Brotman Burn Center, Camp Ronald McDonald, Childhelp U.S.A., Children's Institute International, Cities and Schools ScholarshipFund, Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation, Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), Dakar Foundation, Dreamstreet Kids, Dreams Come True Charity, Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Love Match, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Minority Aids Project, Motown Museum, NAACP, National Rainbow Coalition, Nelson Mandela's Children's Fund, Red Cross, Rotary Club of Australia, Society of Singers, Starlight Foundation, The Carter Center's Atlanta Project, The Sickle Cell Research Foundation, Transafrica, Unesco,United Negro College Fund (UNCF), United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope, Volunteers of America, Watts Summer Festival, Wish Granting, YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]Research has shown that Mr. Jackson has supported at least 33 more charities, namely: Democratic National Committee, Community School/Safety Havens Initiative, Lupus L.A., United Nations High Commission for Refugees, Atlanta Children’s Foundation, Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Social Change, Foundation for the Junior Blind, Oneness, Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation, The International Child Art Foundation, Go For Your Dreams, Opportunity Village, Off-Road-Kids e.V, UNICEF, T.J. Martell Foundation for Leukemia, Cancer and AIDS Research, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, National Solidarity Fund, Family Caring for Families, Operation Christmas Child, Children's Defense Fund, Children's Diabetes Foundation, Boys and Girl Clubs, Ghandi Foundation for Children, Crown Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn's, Heal L.A., Prince’s Trust, Youth Sports & Art Foundation, Jane Goodall’s ape research institute, Children’s Wish Foundation, Give For Life, Wishing Well Fund, [/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]MusiCares [/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]and Camp Good Times.[/FONT]

WOW.

Thank you.

Back