Where were Michael's Music Videos filmed?

iamthriller82

Proud Member
Beat it was filmed in "the mean streets of Los Angeles"

Thriller was filmed in L.A. 3 different locations..

Moonwalker was filmed at Universal studios, CA..

umm!

You are not alone was filmed in L.A. also

They Don't Care About Us was filmed in Brazin (we all know that one)

Beat It.. L.A.

The credits on Earth Song tells where that was recorded.. multiple places for footage.

Last edited:
Bad was filmed in New York City. I heard a rumor Stranger In Moscow was filmed in California.

The unreleased video to One More Chance was being shot in Las Vegas

I did not mention:

SCREAM - Universal studios, CA

Speed Demon - Universal Studios, CA

Another Part Of Me - on tour

Man In The Mirror - On Tour

Will You Be There - On Tour and MTV 10 awards

Smooth Criminal - Universal Studios, CA (not sure which building studio 34 is actually in though)

Give Into Me - Germany

Gone Too Soon - CA

Last edited:
^ Go on the 'tram tour'.. They go down different routes depending on where things are being filmed but 'Brownstone street' is where they filmed a large part of MOONWALKER..

Brownstone Street, Little Europe and in the New York Street area.

BUT SADLY... this past year the fire destroyed almost everything.. I think none of that area is the actual area anymore.. They rebuilt it the same, but not actaull area MJ stepped on now.. U know?? except the street pavement.

Last edited:
^ Go on the 'tram tour'.. They go down different routes depending on where things are being filmed but 'Brownstone street' is where they filmed a large part of MOONWALKER..

Brownstone Street, Little Europe and in the New York Street area.

BUT SADLY... this past year the fire destroyed almost everything.. I think none of that area is the actual area anymore.. They rebuilt it the same, but not actaull area MJ stepped on now.. U know?? except the street pavement.

The funny thing is when you are in line and they show you all the movies that were made there on the glass walls, is moonwalker even mentioned? I wonder if mike does another music video, where will the location be and maybe we can all be lucky and be there that day

stranger in mosow, was filem the same place as the ghosts film

correct me if I'm wrong (usually am with these trivia things :lol: ) but wasn't Bad filmed in a NYC subway station? Like one of the big ones? *tries to remember name*

correct me if I'm wrong (usually am with these trivia things :lol: ) but wasn't Bad filmed in a NYC subway station? Like one of the big ones? *tries to remember name*

I her it was flimed in bronx

Give in to me was filmed in Germany, eh? That video is so sexified!

A part of the BAD video was shot in the Bronx, and a small part of it at the famous Grand Central Station in Manhattan (they also announce 'Grand Central Station, last stop' in the scene on the subway).

The Give in to Me video was shot in Munich, Germany, a few days before the kick off of the Dangerous tour in that same city. I was there when they shot it - unbelievable experience. :upside_down:

Last edited:
A part of the BAD video was shot in the Bronx, and a small part of it at the famous Grand Central Station in Manhattan (they also announce 'Grand Central Station, last stop' in the scene on the subway).

The Give in to Me video was shot in Munich, Germany, a few days before the kick off of the Dangerous tour in that same city. I was there when they shot it - unbelievable experience. :upside_down:

Were you in the video, or were you just there?

I can imagine i was a cool experience.

Were you in the video, or were you just there?

I can imagine i was a cool experience.

I'm in the audience... not that you could recognize me in it or anything, but yeah, I'm there. :yes:

The whole thing was filmed in one day - first the wide shots, and then the close ups. Michael was fooling around with Slash and laughing a lot in between the wide shots, and then when the music came on, it was like - a metamorphosis, he just became completely the performer, very intense. It's mesmerizing to watch him like that. You know, he describes it in Moonwalk, that performing one song is as exhausting for him as a whole concert, because it's like pooring the same amount of energy into just a few minutes rather than a two hour show. Something like that. You can really tell...

And then when they did the close-ups, they put white screens up on the stage, and Karen Faye was fixing Michaels make-up for a long time, and I happened to be close enough to where he was standing to exchange a few words... first time I ever spoke with him, and that is something I'll never forget for sure. :punk:

I'm in the audience... not that you could recognize me in it or anything, but yeah, I'm there. :yes:

The whole thing was filmed in one day - first the wide shots, and then the close ups. Michael was fooling around with Slash and laughing a lot in between the wide shots, and then when the music came on, it was like - a metamorphosis, he just became completely the performer, very intense. It's mesmerizing to watch him like that. You know, he describes it in Moonwalk, that performing one song is as exhausting for him as a whole concert, because it's like pooring the same amount of energy into just a few minutes rather than a two hour show. Something like that. You can really tell...

And then when they did the close-ups, they put white screens up on the stage, and Karen Faye was fixing Michaels make-up for a long time, and I happened to be close enough to where he was standing to exchange a few words... first time I ever spoke with him, and that is something I'll never forget for sure. :punk:

wow, that's such a cool story! thanks for sharing. Not only did you get to be there, but you got to talk to him? geez, that's awesome :)

Lucky you! That's one of his coolest videos ever. Slash and Michael Jackson. I get hot flashes just thinking about it.

That's an awesome story to share :wild:

I just watched that video and I've decided I woulda been passed out and trampled on if I had of been there LOL :rofl:

short making off give in to me:

did mj never performed this song live in concert btw????

short making off give in to me:

did mj never performed this song live in concert btw????

Oh wow, thanks for posting that, Glanni! :punk:

tmk he never performed GITM live in concert.

& re your siggy - cool, you were in Hamburg... I was there too.:flowers:

Last edited:
i did not mention:

Scream - universal studios, ca

speed demon - universal studios, ca

another part of me - on tour

man in the mirror - on tour

will you be there - on tour and mtv 10 awards

smooth criminal - universal studios, ca (not sure which building studio 34 is actually in though)

give into me - germany

gone too soon - ca

time for a stakeout at universal studios!

Back