Where should Michael be laid to rest? Indiana, Neverland, L.A.?

SeanK

If you google a search for Gary, In and Michael Jackson, you will find that Gary's Mayor has reached out to the Jackson family to have Michael buried there as part of a MJ themed Mecca attraction. What a wonderful way to go back to his roots and give back to the community he originated. Yet, can Gary with it's history pull off such a tourist attraction providing dignity to MJ's memorial and safety to it's admirers? Regradless if the body is laid to rest here, I still think WE THE FANS should urge Gary, In and the Jacksons to continue with their ideas of an MJ or J5 Mecca.

Other sites discussed are a high security celebrity cemetary in LA and according to Jermaine's wishes and many fans, Neverland. My only issue with Neverland is that if it never becomes like a Gracerland then MJ will be buried out of reach from his adoring public. I would only want that if Neverland became an attraction like that. It would be cool to have both the Neverland and Gary tourist attractions.

Don't we need to help the Jacksons with these decisions? They SEEM kind of at a loss without Michael making after death wishes in his Will.

Neverland - Once the law allows it. This is what Jermaine wants too.

Neverland - Once the law allows it. This is what Jermaine wants too.

Yep I agree. And I am sure his momma would too. I have the recording of the Mayor from Indiana when he spoke a bit on LKL on July 2nd.. but also watched/heard what Jermaine said on MSNBC...

I know Michael loved Neverland... as a fan of MANY years I hope he can be laid to rest in Neverland.

What if Neverland doesn't become a Graceland though and Colony Capital continues with the original plans of turning it back into Sycamore Valley Ranch, then Michael will inevitably be laid to rest out of reachj of fans to visit. I am uncomfortable with the idea unless they turn it into a Graceland styled attraction in Michael's honor, but according to towns people... they don't want it.

What do you think Gary should do even if Michael isn't laid to rest there?

this should not be a question at all
Neverland
his SOUL belongs there it is only fair to let his body rest there too

Neverland.

Gary wouldn't make much sence since how can his family visit often if they hardly go there. although i do think they need to make something in mj's honor finally!!! a performing arts center, museum. something. they discussed it with michael when he went back.

i dont really like a regular cemetary idea, its boring. and depressing. although alot of amazing stars are at forest lawn, westwood cemetary is famous for marilyn fans coming in all the time. i figure michael will attract like hers.

although i wonder if they do turn neverland into a graceland will they make people pay to go in each time?

i said this in another post but michaels aura is at neverland. and for fans who couldn't visit before can go see it in the future. and im assuming family and his friends would like to go back there to visit. fans meeting other fans there. yup. so i do hope they get those permits at some point.

I would love for Neverland to become a resting place for Michael, but I don't think that will happen. The law is Santa Barbara county is that the remains of the deceased must be cremated if any property other then a cemetary is used to bury someone. I know Michael will not be buried in Gary, Indiana. So the place that the news is reporting here in Los Angeles is Forest Lawn cemetary. They are reporting that a lot of activity is going on there. That is where a lot of famous people are buried. It is beautiful and hilly up there and is a very central location. Very close to Encino if the Jacksons and fans want to visit Michael's grave. It over looks Burbank studios... I bet you Michael is going to have a lavish grave site. It will be built for a king I'm sure.

I feel if he isn't resting at Neverland that it just isn't right...It bothers me to think of a different resting place, it really does.

Neverland for 100 times now..
not any other place,just neverland.Neverland is Michael

I couldn't imagine a resting place other than Neverland. Michael put his heart and soul into it, like Jermaine said it is filled with Michael's presence....And I hope one day I could go there and visit it

Back