Where is Mary J. Blige and D'Angelo?

fzsky

Proud Member
I'm not entirely sure if I should make a whole new thread to discuss this, but I just couldn't find anyone talking about this.
Where is Mary J. Blige and D'Angelo? Weren't they supposed to featured vocalists on Xscape?
When I google "Mary J Blige Xscape", all I get are news saying that MJB will be on Xscape, which were written around May 1st. Like this one:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-posthumous-Michael-Jackson-album-Xscape.html
Nothing new after that. What happened?
Are we supposed to wait for a future single release, just like LNFSG feat. JT?

I was wondering the same thing. Indeed, perhaps they will be featured on the upcoming releases

LA Reid said "Hot Fun In The Summertime 'was not ready in time to enter the album. That was the song they were present. He also said it was one of your favorites.

Hopefully they find the right opportunity to release it. I was pretty disappointed when instead of this the bonus track was just the LNFSG remix with JT. Bummer.

Hopefully they find the right opportunity to release it. I was pretty disappointed when instead of this the bonus track was just the LNFSG remix with JT. Bummer.

Looking forward to this release also but I am not at all disappointed with the JT remix of LNFSG. Thanks in part to JT, Michael got another top 10 hit which is pretty great for a nearly 50 year old star who isn't here to help promote his music. Honestly, I am getting a bit tired of the negativity in some of these threads. The thing is, JT didn't have to do this. He really didn't have anything to gain from this. He did it because he loves Michael and because of his connections with Timbaland. I do not understand why some people feel the need to be so negative about things.

The Justin duet has really grown on me-especially after watching the video over and over. :) I wish they had released "Hot Fun" though-I just read a music article on a site like Rolling Stone or something and they listed the all time greatest 10 summer songs-and Sly's original was one of them. So it would have been great to release for this summer.

Looking forward to this release also but I am not at all disappointed with the JT remix of LNFSG. Thanks in part to JT, Michael got another top 10 hit which is pretty great for a nearly 50 year old star who isn't here to help promote his music. Honestly, I am getting a bit tired of the negativity in some of these threads. The thing is, JT didn't have to do this. He really didn't have anything to gain from this. He did it because he loves Michael and because of his connections with Timbaland. I do not understand why some people feel the need to be so negative about things.

There's negativity because I said I was disappointed that the bonus track was the LNFSG remix with JT? LOLWUT? I don't know where you gathered that other stuff from, "JT didn't have to do this", who said he did? So what...If he didn't do it the world would've still moved on the same had he not been on this album.

I said I was disappointed that it was the bonus track instead of Hot Fun In The Summertime. That's it...I didn't even mention what I felt about the song, which I don't like or dislike, I'm neutral towards it, fact is, I could do without it on this album. Where's the negativity in that? Because I'm not sitting here, lying, going "Ohhhh I love it, Praise Justin Timberlake, praise him for putting his boring vocals on a Michael Jackson song, and making it a success..", yet there's simply no reason for me to believe Michael couldn't have done so without Justin Timberlake.

Like really, some of you are going overboard with this "negativity" thing. Not every Michael Jackson fan has to like the same thing you do. And simply someone saying their disappointed with the song, or any other song, for any reason, IS NOT negativity, it's an honest opinion, that you just don't happen to agree with. Give me a break with this "ohh they don't like the song, it's negativity" stuff.

Last edited:
Thank you for your feedback. I think I misunderstood where you were coming from. I really respect your opinion and views

Back