Where Do You Think MJ Will Sit Discussion

Gaz

Guests
As we all know in the not to distant future (we hope lol) MJ will be coming back with some new music, given its been say almost 12 years since a real MJ mania which I'm not gonna count Invincible I often stop to think to myself where would he fit could it be the pop element or could he fair better with R&B or even the rock element, now we all know he will bring out an album that will cover everything but in all aspects where do you think his success will lie,

Personaly given the people he has worked with I beleive it will of course be the R&B element,

Whats your thoughts even concerns.

G

I'm biased I love seeing MJ in all the Bad black leather and I love his more rock strong tunes like Give into me etc... so I'd love him to end up stronger in that area this time around.

I don't know why but I just think his image fits in better with rock these days ^_^

but he will probably end up between rnb and pop :yes:

It will be RnB for sure. Its a good move too, its what the public wanna hear. I mean the majority of songs in the top 20 right now in the UK and Ireland are mostly RnB.

Even Britney is going with an RnB style now and remember how pop-ie her music was? Not to mention Mariah Carrey, Justin Timberlake, Madonna and so on.

If it works for them it wil work for Michael

Last edited:
MJ may do something RnB, but I think because thats all there is out there, that he might do something very different. I mean Michael is all about being different, and innovative. RnB is not different, EVERYONE is doing it. So I believe he will do something different.

80's influenced Electro Pop/R&B :D

THAT is what everyone is doing and I'd personally hate to see that from MJ. That would be just like janet, britney, justin, usher. :doh:

I think it will be R&B. Possibly more smoother R&B than just poppy dance R&B.

i think he is gonna make his own type of music - because it is gonna be a bit of everything!
I mean you cant really put his albums into a genre catorgory because they are such a mix!

MJ has always done R&B/Pop...i don't expect any different. From all accounts though i think it's gonna have a more edgy hip-hopish feel to it, like Dangerous. Aaaannnd since i like R&B, I like Pop and I like hip hop and I looove Dangerous, this is gonna be a good album for me lol

Last edited:
My head kind of thinks it will be an R&B and pop sound, my heart would like a pop/rock album. I would really love more songs like Dirty Diana and Give In To Me or something like TDCAU - I like Michael edgy or pop.

"Edgy pop" would be a good phrase to describe what I would like to see come out of the album. Although if he did decide to do R&B/pop, that would work too. He's done so much that I wouldn't care what he came up with.

Or can I also say that I would like to see all kinds of different genres in one album. Maybe not limit the album to one type like pop or rock. He's done it before, why not try it again!

well ... he does have the crown and moniker of the King Of Pop people ... what do you think :lol:

errr....more towards the OTW era sound???? so i guess that would be more r&b-ish

^^^oh yeah, maybe some pop too. But when I think "pop", I think Britney Spears and N'sync, etc.... maybe MJ can make up his own category???????? NO???? ok. :(

Last edited:
^^ that was on HIStory ... right ?? i am getting old and forgetfull :)

OOO snap !! no that was dangerous :blush: i am soo em-bare-azzed like, totally

Last edited:
Hmm. I prefer not to make a prediction, I think I'll wait for the surprise. :) I don't really care what genres he uses, as long as the songs are good.

Well MJ is the KING of pop and he doesn't sound like Brit or Nsync lol

I guess it will be mainly R'nB and pop.
I very much hope a bit for rock style also... but we'll see.

R&B/Pop, he sounds a little out of place on everything else, and since he prob wants his album to be perfection he should (IMO) stick to what he's best at, and he's a genious with those two.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying he can't do anything else, he obviously can and he's great at it, but he's even better at the R&B/Pop I think...
Please don't hurt me :(

the MJ sound. ie his own songs such as who is it earth song etc. that is his style and what has given so much success i hope for songs like that not songs that could be any artists

i think mike will go MnJ with his new album, bringing something new and original to the table as he always does

I would like that the new album sounded like a new dangerous style i love all mj solo albuns but i think Dangerous is his top one musicly speeking

I'm biased I love seeing MJ in all the Bad black leather and I love his more rock strong tunes like Give into me etc... so I'd love him to end up stronger in that area this time around.

I don't know why but I just think his image fits in better with rock these days ^_^

but he will probably end up between rnb and pop :yes:

Me too, I'd like some rock. He's flirted with it with Beat It, Dirty Diana, but hasn't really gone the whole way with it. I'd love some powerful Queen-style anthems. But he's been heading towards R&B for a long time, with famous rappers and flat, bland music.

Where Will Michael Sit???

Michael Jackson is the King Of Pop. We all know that, and it seems his styles are:

RnB
Rock
Pop.

Now, will America accept Michael?? That's the one problem.

In recent years, Michael has been seen as a freak, a weirdo, grotesque, so many things. He manages to get back everytime...people are taking a look at him now...he's the king of pop. Michael averages 2.6666 number ones his for his major solo albums. He would need three number one hits to maintain his average. His average album sales are 35.3 million. Now with piracy in the music industry, I expect Michael to get at least 10 million this album...an incredibly high number (in this day). I learned from Rasheed (KOPV) that Michael will need 3 number one hits because 70% of people usually by an album based on the first 3 singles released. Michael can easily win the hearts of Americans. He will be the King Of Pop. No more new King of Pop, Michael's back.

Eat your heart out Media.

He'll probably do R&B/pop. Which is cool with me. But I do hope that somewhere in the album he'll throw in an edgy rock Dirty Diana-like song. :D

Now, will America accept Michael?? That's the one problem.

Why put America in this? What does America have to do with this thread? It is the MEDIA not a whole country.

Michael can easily win the hearts of Americans

If that is the case, then why did you mention America? Some of you fans crack me up sometimes.

Anyway, I see MJ doing more of an R&B/Hip-hop, more like the Dangerous cd. I do not see MJ doing any rock music, I have no idea what is pop music these days when most of the songs on the charts are urban, rock, and country songs. MJ will sit better in R&B/hip-hop music.

I would like to hear a soul funky jazz sound... with such a voice he could be such a brilliant jazz singer, just for a few songs.

Back