Where Did Michael Jackson’s “New” Songs Come From? A Track-by-Track Breakdown

Smoore

Proud Member
Is this true? Would this make it a Bad outtake?

"6. “Do You Know Where Your Children Are”

Originally recorded: 1987
Written by: Michael Jackson
Contemporized by: Timbaland

Been online since 2012. According to Sony, it was originally recorded while Jackson was working on Bad, before Jackson and his team picked it up again during the Dangerous sessions. Timbaland updated the track, adding synth handclaps and trading the original synth bass line for a wider-ranging electronic arrangement.
"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat..._track_breakdown_where_each_song_is_from.html

that song sounds so dangerous-era for me.
same as STTR sounds post BOTDF. so misleading his voice lol :D
and LY sounds thriller era somehow...

It is Dangerous era musically to me with Bad era vocals. LA Reid said that MJ wrote the song during the Bad era sessions (1986-1987) and that the pulled the song from the vaults to work on it for the Dangerous album. So it can be that this is the early Bad era version or re-worked Dangerous era version. Also we can't possibly know if MJ re-record his vocals during the Dangerous sessions or he kept the vocals and just worked on the music like he usually does.

Slave To The Rhythm was recorded in 1989 during the Dangerous sessions according to Tricky Stewart. LA Reid said it was 1991, but I doubt it because he also said that Loving You was recorded in 2003.

Loving You was recorded in 1985 according to Matt Forger or in 1987 according to the album booklet, but I'd say that Matt Forger is much more credible source.

It is Dangerous era musically to me with Bad era vocals. LA Reid said that MJ wrote the song during the Bad era sessions (1986-1987) and that the pulled the song from the vaults to work on it for the Dangerous album. So it can be that this is the early Bad era version or re-worked Dangerous era version. Also we can't possibly know if MJ re-record his vocals during the Dangerous sessions or he kept the vocals and just worked on the music like he usually does.

Slave To The Rhythm was recorded in 1989 during the Dangerous sessions according to Tricky Stewart. LA Reid said it was 1991, but I doubt it because he also said that Loving You was recorded in 2003.

Loving You was recorded in 1985 according to Matt Forger or in 1987 according to the album booklet, but I'd say that Matt Forger is much more credible source.

Because there is another song also called "Loving You", which was worked with Buxer and Michael Prince?

Because there is another song also called "Loving You", which was worked with Buxer and Michael Prince?

That is the same song. But the vocals were recorded in 1985. Maybe MJ did some work on it with Brad & Prince but if they did - they didn't release that version on Xscape. Released original version is from Bad sessions.

One more thing about Brad and Prince songs - When they submitted all the songs they had to Estate, Estate automatically registered all the songs and entered MJ, Brad & Prince as co-authors - which is not true for some (most) songs.

I think a lot of the music was recorded last year, but the vocals of course are from all different eras. That's why the album sounds contemporary, as opposed to "Michael" (which sounded more like a classic Michael Jackson album.)

I think a lot of the music was recorded last year, but the vocals of course are from all different eras. That's why the album sounds contemporary, as opposed to "Michael" (which sounded more like a classic Michael Jackson album.)

All music (instrumentation) from album versions/contemporized versions is recorded 2013/2014. Music from original versions is from different eras (album sessions) with only APWNN being 2008 final mix.

Back