Where are the Wii Points Cards?

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
I recently found something that is very pleasing to me and my brother. First we went to Timmins to find the Wii Points Cards that contains 2000 points because we discussed on downloading "Mario Party 2" off the Virutal Console and we were excited and so giddy about the game, we check at "Wal-Mart", NOTHING! We also check at "The Source" from the Timmins Square mall and NOTHING! So we later went to "Future Shop" and we found them at last, just as my brother was trying to purchase the card we found out that the cards are defective and we were not very happy about this.

I looked online for them and found nearly nothing, except I found from Amazon.ca and the card is like $65.00 (CDN). Jeez what a fricking rip off. Then I heard we have to use a credit card to get the points, pfft No thanx, neither my brother nor myself hasa credit card, then I heard we can get the points for for online by doing steps, though it is convincing, but I don't know.

So I like to know like everyone else what happened to the Wii Points Cards and I believe Nintendo owes us the explaination for this.

I think they're phasing those cards out in favor of real currency, since the eShop (the store that you access on the Wii U and 3DS) uses real money for purchases. It is possible to buy funds for the eShop as cards and load them to an account like the Wii Points cards, but I don't think they work on the original Wii console. Maybe they'll release an update for the original Wii that makes it work with the eShop?

Oh yeah those cards. I'm still planning on getting Wii U ver soon. Plus I've checked if "The Source" in town for Wii Points Cards and they still have some left and I purchased it crossing fingers hoping it wasn't defective like the ones at "Future Shop" and they weren't defective and thank God it didn't. I gave my brother the card and he downloaded "Mario Party 2" of the Wii Virtual Console and I played it earlier today and I was happy to play the game again. We're gonna get more games off it like my brother wants to download "Super Mario World", my actual game on SNES he complains about the game screwed up by pausing on him repeatedly.

Glad to hear you found some and were able to buy the game! :D

Back