when you went to school on the Bus what music

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
did you listen to on your bus ride? I call this the Back to School and get on the Bus thread. you know back in the day if you listen to tapes or CD's and you were on the bus ride or you are a student and you have your MP3,etc... so on the bus ride in the morning what was your main tape,disc or songs to get you going to the School house?

When I was in high-school, I listened mainly to rap: Ja Rule, Eminem, Missy Elliott, Dr. Dre, Master P & No Limit...

Back in elementary and middle school, I pretty much listened strictly to radio, so it was everything from R&B, Pop, House, etc. I used to love the house music that got heavy play in the mid-90's. It ranged from R&B-tinged to techno.

high-school (2000s) - it was all about the minidisc back then.

25k67w3.jpg

a lot of UK Garage (got into DJing for one local club on the genre), heavy on Fugees, some Dilated Peoples/Jurassic 5, got obsessed with Immortal Technique for a while (especially during the Iraq invasion), Fabolous/DJ Clue shit (lol), Busta Rhymes, Ja Rule (we can both hang our heads in shame there Stition), some Mary J Blige though i don't remember listening to too much r&b but i was really into the uk artists like Lynden David Hall, Floetry, Craig David, also a bit of drum & bass/techno, a dash of french dance stuff like Daft Punk and Modjo ("Lady here me tonight..." lol), erm i was all over the place i guess. oh and got really into serious Andalucian flamenco music. funnily enough, Mike didn't come into the equation until about 2004 when i 'rediscovered' him again even though i was a fanatic by age 7/8.

barring UK Garage, the neo-soul stuff and Busta, i hardly ever listen to the other artists nowadays.

i actually still have the dozens of minidisc/cd mixtapes i made and still got a few of my friends' stuff
f_laugh.gif
.. cute times.

all that's left to say is Giles Peterson saved my young mind and music.

For me it was usually just Michael Jackson. For most of the time I was in high school it was all that I ever wanted to listen to mostly. Well him and Metallica. In the middle school it was usually just Nirvana and Michael Jackson mostly.

MJ, janet and bobby brown abit of mariahs music box album a couple of soul albums with various artists from james brown to sam and dave through to 80s stuff and motown collections of course.

Last edited:
My iPod is full of MJ songs. Other than that I have Janet and some old songs, it's just a mix of everything. So I put it on shuffle and what comes comes :p.

Well I'm a student now, on the way to college i listen to my ipod -it depends what mood I'm in really as to what music I listen to but the most played artists/soundtracks/podcasts at the minute are Michael Jackson, Prince, The Russell Brand show podcast, the Rent soundtrack or songs from the show One Tree Hill like Jimmy Eat World and Audioslave.

Before I had my mp3 player, I used to listen to Michael Jackson cd's. Now with Patrick (my mp3-Player) I mostly listen to random songs

When I went on the bus ride to school...we were not permitted to listen to music...heck cd players, Ipods, video games, and home computers were not even invented yet...

Giggles, its very interesting how as one ages, you truly understand what our elderly went through as they were aging...ahhh...the circle of life...

Heal The World~~~"Education Is The Key"

Teena Marie ~ Lovergirl was on the radio every single morning, it never failed :bugeyed :lol:

Back