When was We've Had Enough recorded?

No One

Proud Member
Does anyone know when We've Had Enough was recorded? It was finished for TUC in 2004, but I'd love to know when it was originally recorded. It's a Rodney Jerkins song, so maybe a Vince outtake? Or did MJ work with Rodney for the planned 2003 album?

Does anyone know? Thanks.

I think it was recorded during the Invincible Sessions. Too bad it didn't make the album, though.

It was written in 1999 and recorded in 2000, and failed to make it on Invincible. It was rumoured to originally be a duet with Janet, apparently.

It was written in 1999 and recorded in 2000, and failed to make it on Invincible. It was rumoured to originally be a duet with Janet, apparently.

Yes, that is true! We've Had Enough is one of the first songs that Michael created with Rodney. They wrote it with Carole Bayer Sager in 1999. Also it is Rodney's favourite song that they did together!

Thanks guys.

It's very strange it didn't make the Invincible album. I mean, it's not like Mike held it back for anything important. This song and a finished Hollywood Tonight would have made Invincible a much, much better album.

According to my For The Record book it was recorded in 1999 and produced in 2000. It fail to make the Invincible album. So it was put on The Ultimate Collection instead. Any way I just L.O.V.E. the song so much.:heart: :wub:

It is indeed shocking that songs like WHE and HT failed to make the cut when you have dross like Privacy and Cry on the record.

I always found the dedication to Carole Bayer Sager in the Invincible album booklet quite odd. She co-wrote one song on the album and yet the dedication reads "this album could not have been possible without you." The fact that she is listed as a co-writer on WHE leads me to suspect that perhaps it was once intended to be on the album and was later removed (probably by some moronic record company exec who thought it wasn't "urban" sounding enough).

That song is EPIC.
I was in utter shock when I heard it for the first time and I am still in shock because that song is totaly unknown for bigger audience. That is the biggest shame.
But you know....I bet that song was inapropriate, if you know what I mean.
Songs with messages like that are not wanted.
Songs like "....ga-ga-o-la-la...." are more suitable, I guess.
I hate this world and music today.

But you know....I bet that song was inapropriate, if you know what I mean.
Songs with messages like that are not wanted.
Songs like "....ga-ga-o-la-la...." are more suitable, I guess.

So true. Afterall, it wasn't in vain that he boycotted Sony for the control they exerted and their refusal to promote Invincible and release the songs he, one of the artists that made Sony in the first place, wanted to release. In 2007, for instance, Sony 'informed' Michael that the songs he submitted weren't radio-friendly.

He's got lots of such jewels in the vaults, I believe. "Blue Gangster", "Do You Know Where Your Children Are", "Slave To The Rhythm" and much more, am sure, that remain unreleased, with really poignant messages that call to a rude awakening. .. His messages for 'This Is It' would revolve around really acute issues like global warming and wars and other such things, that he didn't get to do anymore... but that's not the thread for it, it's just that it all adds up. ...

I always found the dedication to Carole Bayer Sager in the Invincible album booklet quite odd. She co-wrote one song on the album and yet the dedication reads "this album could not have been possible without you." The fact that she is listed as a co-writer on WHE leads me to suspect that perhaps it was once intended to be on the album and was later removed (probably by some moronic record company exec who thought it wasn't "urban" sounding enough).

As far as I know, she was heavily involved in the early writing sessions for Invincible. She co-wrote the original I Have This Dream, if I'm not mistaken. Another track that was destined for the album, but later shelved. It does make you wonder how many incarnations the tracklist for Invincible actually went through before we got the 16 tracks on it today.

It does make you wonder how many incarnations the tracklist for Invincible actually went through before we got the 16 tracks on it today.

There was an original release date slated for late 1999 and I've heard stories about the first tracklist being declined by Sony. A two-disc special edition of Invincible would be fascinating, although I'm sure the estate will use the unreleased Invincible outtakes in dribs and drabs spread amongst multiple releases.

I don't think it's just wishful thinking to say that the best material never made it onto the album, especially if the outtakes we've heard so far are anything to go by (Another Day, WHE, HT).

So true. Afterall, it wasn't in vain that he boycotted Sony for the control they exerted and their refusal to promote Invincible and release the songs he, one of the artists that made Sony in the first place, wanted to release. In 2007, for instance, Sony 'informed' Michael that the songs he submitted weren't radio-friendly.

He's got lots of such jewels in the vaults, I believe. "Blue Gangster", "Do You Know Where Your Children Are", "Slave To The Rhythm" and much more, am sure, that remain unreleased, with really poignant messages that call to a rude awakening. .. His messages for 'This Is It' would revolve around really acute issues like global warming and wars and other such things, that he didn't get to do anymore... but that's not the thread for it, it's just that it all adds up. ...

Absolutely.
I am really disgusted when I look at what songs these days are promoting.
Girls looking like prostitutes, gloryfying violence and God knows what.
Michael was a Man with a mission. That is the ultimate truth.
His art is so missed that is painfull.
Will it ever be recognized ? I truly, truly hope so.
TDRCAU, DYKWYCA, MITM, WHE, HTW, Cry, Earth Song....and so on, and so on.
If people only listen !!!!

I thought HT was recorded with Neffu in 2007.

^ Recorded in 2000-2001 for Invincible, reworked in 2007 with Neff-U.

There was an original release date slated for late 1999 and I've heard stories about the first tracklist being declined by Sony.

Wouldn't be surprising. ...):

He also wanted to put out "Unbreakable' as first single, not 'You Rocked My World', but they sure seem like they don't want their artists to scream out their frustrations at others, including them. At injustice. 'We've Had Enough"-like messages would be like a blow in the gall to them. Soon after the 2002 Sony boycott, the sick 2003 allegations broke out, surprise surprise. .. Michael himself declaring on Rev. Jesse Jackson's radio show that there was a big conspiracy going on.

I don't think it's just wishful thinking to say that the best material never made it onto the album, especially if the outtakes we've heard so far are anything to go by (Another Day, WHE, HT).

Yeah...

It was originally recorded in 1999 for the 'early version' of Invincible album.

However, it was reworked in 2004 with different lyrics relating to the Iraq war.

Hey I got an idea, Why do we put together the complete list of songs that are already on the album and add the ones that was recorded around the same time that was meant to be on it and make it a compilation.:I

Hey I got an idea, Why do we put together the complete list of songs that are already on the album and add the ones that was recorded around the same time that was meant to be on it and make it a compilation.:I

That sounds like a good idea. Someone should start up a Making of INVINCIBLE Thread!

Back