When Making Threads

ginvid

Proud Member
Many people have been making threads here without important pieces of information, namely tags. If you do not tag your threads, it not only makes it difficult to tell if your thread has been posted already, thereby increasing the number of duplicate threads, but it makes it very difficult to find something later on should a member need to use the search engine.

Please take the extra few minutes necessary and put tags in your threads describing what your thread is about.

Thanks! :flowers:

Also, please read this thread here:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/88391-**-Can-all-members-please-read-**

Not sure what a tag is? Is it just the main topic 'words' or does it need some kind of symbol as well (like twitter)? eg what are the tags in this thread?

Not sure what a tag is? Is it just the main topic 'words' or does it need some kind of symbol as well (like twitter)? eg what are the tags in this thread?

At the bottom of the page (above Bookmarks/Posting Permissions) there is a edit/add tag option, as well as the tags for this thread..Yeah tags are just key words of that the thread is about.

At the bottom of the page (above Bookmarks/Posting Permissions) there is a edit/add tag option, as well as the tags for this thread..Yeah tags are just key words of that the thread is about.

Thank you...I had no idea! I'm wiser now, so thank you for your help.

I wonder if the 'please read' instructions could maybe advise you to use the 'tags for this thread' section at the bottom of the page? ( or perhaps it's just me that doesn't / didn't know what to do!)

I always wondered what the tag was for, now I know I will make sure I use it.

Can I ask what action, if any, we should take when two members are working on the same thread and end up posting within a minute or two. Should we highlight the slighty older thread by using the reporting icon or is that only for offensive/adverts etc.?

The report icon under messages is for reporting offenses and spam only. It just send a message to mods

Bump. Because we just recently had threads made by members that did not have any tags on them. Please, to make it easier for your fellow members, tag your threads. Thanks! :)

yes tagging is important for our search engines. also be careful when copying ot pasting from
other sites that you dont bring in adds, codes or unwanted content. this attracks spam

Back