When Doves Cry & Why You Wanna Trip On Me

I can't see the similiarities to be honest!

I love When Doved Cry though, one of my favourite Prince songs. :)

I can understand how you hear similarities with the guitar and the drum fill right before the beat kicks in :)
It would be interesting to know if they were influenced by Prince while making this :)

you are absolutely correct! the guitar has a nice fill over the drum track before the song starts on both songs. also, the drums are very similar....good job man!

When it's pointed out I can see a slight similarity, not sure I would have picked it up on my own since I have no musical training or "ear". Thanks for providing both songs.

The Minneapolis sound (Prince's creation) influenced the New Jack Swing genre :yes: I always thought the Dangerous LP was a bit Prince influenced.

Not big enough similarities for me to think one was inspired by the other.
What would have really been awesome is if the video intros were alike :naughty: - Michael naked in a tub. Mhmm...

I do not think that Dangerous was Prince oriented. It is Michael all the way. well except if for Heal the World..lol!!

huh? Except for HTW? HTW is completely 100% Michael, lol

Yepp the intro to Why you wanna trip on me definatley a big homage at When Doves Cry one of the greatest songs ever recorded one of my alltime favs songs!!

I do not think that Dangerous was Prince oriented. !

It is very much Prince oriented because Teddy Riley is a huge Prince fanatic!!!!!
Prince is Teddy´s idol! He told in an interview that prince was his idol when he started with music and that he thinks prince is a genius!

It is very much Prince oriented because Teddy Riley is a huge Prince fanatic!!!!!
Prince is Teddy´s idol! He told in an interview that prince was his idol when he started with music and that he thinks prince is a genius!
That doesn't mean anything. Paul McCartney's idol is Little Richard, but Paul's music doesn't sound like Richard's. Prince's idol is Joni Mitchell, but his music doesn't sound like hers. I'd say Teddy's influence was more Gap Band. He even got a Charlie Wilson imitator, Aaron Hall, as the singer in Guy. Also there's some Roger Troutman in Teddy's stuff, but I don't hear any Prince in his music

Back