What's your favorite song of the album "Bad"?

What's your favorite song of the album "Bad"?

• Bad

• The Way You Make Me Feel

• Speed Demon

• Liberian Girl

• Just Good Friends

• Another Part Of Me

• Man In The Mirror

• I Just Can't Stop Loving You

• Dirty Diana

• Smooth Criminal

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for Liberian Girl because I find it the most challenging song. The harmonies are perfection, it has a sense of mystery but is also sensual. It is one of the more organic sounding songs on the album with the inclusion of instruments that arenā€™t very often used in pop music giving it a unique sound. I think overall with the way it is sung and produced it is the albums best song.

I could have voted for Another Part Of Me but that vote would have been influenced by the energetic and fun live performances of the song and that should not contribute to my opinion.

My third option was Dirty Diana. This song is good because it has this foreboding suspenseful atmosphere with a pretty underrated guitar riff and solo but this is partly because it doesnā€™t get to shine like the guitars on for example Beat It. It is all in the production. Lyrically it is very interesting and the vocal delivery is intense. The sound like Liberian Girl is u,ique in MJā€™s discography, also like APOM it is a live favorite for me and therefore I canā€™t pick it as best song of the album.

Hmm, I just started ticking stuff and before I knew it I got to 5 songs. Had to keep removing some to get down to 3.

Guess I'm the only person who still likes the song Bad. In the end it was a difficult decision to remove TWYMMF and keep the last two.

Back