What's this story behind the blue jacket of Beat It and Thriller's jacket (reversed colors) ??

1nn5

Proud Member
So, this pics are from the VHS edition of Moonwalker that was sold in France.

After the fans reaction on the last concert of the Victory Tour, the video shows a man (without mentioning his name, probably a French) who said he started working for MJ since 1982. He claims that Bod Giraldi proposed him to MJ and he was behind the conception of Beat It and Thriller music videos jackets, also prepared the outfits for his brother for the Victory tour, refusing to give details on Captain EO's jacket.

He showed a blue jacket of Beat It (he said it was made in 48 hours) and the Thriller's jacket (reversed colors).

Anyone know who is this guy ? And if this jackets were the original conceptions ??

image.png

image.png

image.png

The Thriller one is hard af. The blue Beat It jacket is ugly tho, glad it wasn't used

Why was it silly? I wonder why he didn't perform thriller in the 1st place. That never crossed my mind
Thriller gotta have some color imo. I would have loved to see more MJ performances in that show. But it's understandable to make a short setlist as it was more of a tribute show.

Thriller gotta have some color imo. I would have loved to see more MJ performances in that show. But it's understandable to make a short setlist as it was more of a tribute show.
I still think he could've subbed twymmf for Thriller

I wish there were subtitles.

it was always known that john landis’ wife deborah, designed the red jacket worn in ‘thriller’. that was even reconfirmed in the 40th anniversary documentary.

I also prefer the original colours. the jackets in the video don’t seem to be tailored to michael’s size.

Back