whatcha think about Frank Sinatra??

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
Ole Blue eyes the chairman of the Board died 10 years back around this time. what is your memorys of his music and voice and do you have a particular song or albums,etc... by the man you like? were you a fan or not? speak on it and what did you think about the rat pack??

He defined his era. MJ is the King of Pop, Frank is the king of traditional pop.

I love "The Lady Is A Tramp" and Swingin' On A Star".

Also, "Love & Marriage" was the them to Married With Children, so by default that makes him a legend.

"Strangers in the Night" and "New York, New York" are my jams. I love Frank Sinatra's voice but I used to work at a gangster/rat-pack/old style type restaurant and all we used to play was him so I'm kinda tired of his songs.

I enjoy Dean Martin more. I adore him!

Love Frankie ^_^

he makes singing sound easy, it just rolls so easily out of his mouth

"I've got the world on a string..."

^_^

Quincy, Mike, & Latoya are in his "LA Is My Lady" video. I remember they used 2 show it on Video Soul. Although I had no idea why they was showing a Frank Sinatra video, lol.

I love this man's music. Definitely a big fan. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett... :wub: I could listen to their music all day.

I couldnt get into his music, I just find him boring :-\

I don't know much about his music, but I like the album he did with Antonio Carlos Jobim. I also used to watch Married With Children and he had the theme song to it. I think I've seen Frank's movies more than heard his songs though.

some of Sinatra's finest performances...no lip synching here...

[youtube]RHLC-EimdAc[/youtube]

[youtube]szih3b2DwOo[/youtube]

[youtube]wVWJashcBKg[/youtube]

Marty In LA

I don't know much about his music, but I like the album he did with Antonio Carlos Jobim. I also used to watch Married With Children and he had the theme song to it. I think I've seen Frank's movies more than heard his songs though.

That album Sinatra & Jobim did together was from 1967. It's gets 5-star rating from me, it's one of the finest in all of the Sinatra catalog. Highly recommended with a fireplace and a bottle of Merlot. :)

Listen to the album here:
http://music.aol.com/album/francis-albert-sinatra-and-antonio/118117

Marty In LA

Frank Sinatra is amazing! His songs are way too catchy, and his voice is smoooooth. I've been listening to the Sinatra Christmas collection, and it's fantastic.

Since my parents are old school, I was always hearing Frank Sinatra music among other types of music. My favorites are:

"It Was A Very Good Year" (My FAVORITE Sinatra song!!!!)
"New York, New York"
"That's Life"
"My Way"
"Something Stupid" (his duet with daughter Nancy Sinatra)

He's cool! As are .. Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Sammy Davis Jr., Nat King Cole

To answer the q - i love Frank Sinatra, i think he was amazing.

He's cool! As are .. Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Sammy Davis Jr., Nat King Cole

For sure, they all were. God rest their funky souls :)

I saw a documentary about Gene Kelly's life last week and was reminded of this lil' movie :D

And btw of that big apple in the movie and that famous song of Frank's - the line about if i can make it there, i'll make it anywhere i've rephrased it for the traffic in my city - if you can drive here, you can drive anywhere lol.

One word - LEGEND

AMAZING voice. If I was young and impressionable in the 1940s, I would've been smitten, I'm sure. Even more so with Elvis in the 1950s. But yes, @Shhaaaby, legendary is very appropriate for Sinatra.

My fav Frank's song is "I wish you love". I can listen to it endlessly!
I love Frank very much. Great singer and entertainer, great actor, great star.
Like stories about Rat Pack, i think they were a true kings of Hollywood

I have a lot of respect for frank, but I always prefered the french singer charles Aznavour to Frank. The two are very much alike, but I find Frank sometimes going boring, where charles Aznavour had the same strengths in his voice and the songs were very alike but he sang them so I could feel them in my bone everytime - frank only does sometimes

[youtube]xiLo5q0wqxU[/youtube]

Last edited:
I have a lot of respect for frank, but I always prefered the french singer charles Aznavour to Frank. The two are very much alike, but I find Frank sometimes going boring, where charles Aznavour had the same strengths in his voice and the songs were very alike but he sang them so I could feel them in my bone everytime - frank only does sometimes

[youtube]xiLo5q0wqxU[/youtube]

I just love them both. Aznavour still sings and, according to my friend who has recently been to his concert in Moscow, he is still great.

Even not being particularly a fan, every time I listened to him, I enjoyed. He had a great voice. And always performed live.

Back