What would Michael Jackson have done with his comeback show 'This is It'?

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
FIFTY SOLD-OUT London arena shows were already in the bank. So what would Michael Jackson have done next with his big career comeback show, "This Is It," had a drug overdose not ended his life?

"Kuala Lumpur was to be the next stop," said Travis Payne, then working on the show's choreography with its?"brilliant" star and director Kenny Ortega. "Michael wanted to revolutionize the way tours were being done. He was always thinking like a great producer, too. He was telling us we needed to design a way to maximize the audience that could see him with less travel time for him and the company. So he proposed setting up the show for two or three months in a single location, make that a portal, as opposed to being on a plane, jumping from city to city, twice a week."

And why Kuala Lumpur, the most populous city in Malaysia, and other locations on Jackson's portal wish list in India and the Republic of Sri Lanka?

"Just as he did on the HIStory tour, when we went to Northern Africa, the idea was to set up in a region that was struggling and could really benefit economically from having us there. Everything Michael did came from a place of love and the commitment to do good. That's the way he was with us working on the show - you felt like you were being nurtured, constantly stimulated and encouraged to come up with the best ideas in a collective situation.

"And that's where his art was coming from," added Payne. "His concept was not just to make a great song you could dance to. His way was to reel you in and get your attention, so then you'd get the deep message. That was the science to it. That's why his music transcended generations, appealed to little children, older people, everyone. And hopefully, people who see the Cirque show are now feeling all that, too. That was our intent."

- Jonathan Takiff

http://www.philly.com/philly/entert...l_have_done_with_Cirque_.html?cmpid=138887484

"His concept was not just to make a great song you could dance to. His way was to reel you in and get your attention, so then you'd get the deep message. That was the science to it. That's why his music transcended generations, appealed to little children, older people, everyone. And hopefully, people who see the Cirque show are now feeling all that, too. That was our intent."
:smilerolleyes:

Ah, Michael STILL so missed :cry:
You brought out the GOOD in people... Made them discover themselves... MJ songs aren't just songs... They are an 'adventure' on it's own...

I'm sure Michael would have shown the world he was STILL standing as the KING of POP after all the hurt and dirt thrown at him...
You'll 4EVER live in my :heart: Michael

He said he was going to take us to places we never been to before.
It seems he wanted to go to places with his shows where other famous artists never would go.
Sometimes I wonder..if he still was here...where he would live, which animals he would have, what films he would work with, what would his new songs be about
:cry::wub:

What a wonderful article. So positive and loving toward Michel and his visions.
"Just as he did on the HIStory tour, when we went to Northern Africa, the idea was to set up in a region that was struggling and could really benefit economically from having us there. Everything Michael did came from a place of love and the commitment to do good. That's the way he was with us working on the show - you felt like you were being nurtured, constantly stimulated and encouraged to come up with the best ideas in a collective situation.
I really appreciate these words. Michael wanted to help others and he had forthought in how he could do that with his music and art. He really did come from a place of love. He gave back to the places and countries he toured in much more than just performing. Also People felt something moving in their hearts when they went to his concerts. He inspired his audience to heal the world.
"His concept was not just to make a great song you could dance to. His way was to reel you in and get your attention, so then you'd get the deep message. That was the science to it. That's why his music transcended generations, appealed to little children, older people, everyone. And hopefully, people who see the Cirque show are now feeling all that, too. That was our intent."

Yes I believe that was Michael's intent when he created his music and performed in concert. I also believe Immortal tour tries to convey the same message. The artistic creators and musicians are personally invested and worked with and knew MJ and they all seem on the same page. After seeing the show I have to agree that it was thier intent to make Michael shine and bring his message of love and hope through his music to the masses.

When I think of the 'what could've been......'

It all still does'nt seem fair to me.

At the core, he was a humanitarian. Always looking to elevate those around him, or those who see his shows. He was a great inspiration.

Music today seems so empty....void of a greater purpose.

He said he was going to take us to places we never been to before.
It seems he wanted to go to places with his shows where other famous artists never would go.
Sometimes I wonder..if he still was here...where he would live, which animals he would have, what films he would work with, what would his new songs be about
:cry::wub:

You brought me to tears, Michael's words on TII are always like a stab in the heart. Yes he would have lived up to his promises to us..And most likely he would be in the film industry as we speak ;(

Just when I think I can't love this man more

:)

Great read! - MJ was a true humanitarian and such a great person!

Personally, I think that he would stopped the tour or at least do something special for the people of Haiti when that earthquake hit. That's the kind of person Michael was after all.

New interview-Travis Payne on MJ's tour plans-"Everything Michael did came from a place of love..."

Travis Payne On MJ's Tour Plans
Choreographer Travis Payne recently spoke about Michael Jackson's tour plans for the ill-fated 'This Is It' show he was working on when he died. During a recent stop of the Cirque du Soleil's IMMORTAL World Tour, Payne spoke to Jonathan Takiff of the Philadelphia Daily News, and had this to say about the show:

"Kuala Lumpur was to be the next stop. Michael wanted to revolutionize the way tours were being done. He was always thinking like a great producer, too. He was telling us we needed to design a way to maximize the audience that could see him with less travel time for him and the company. So he proposed setting up the show for two or three months in a single location, make that a portal, as opposed to being on a plane, jumping from city to city, twice a week.

Just as he did on the HIStory tour, when we went to Northern Africa, the idea was to set up in a region that was struggling and could really benefit economically from having us there. Everything Michael did came from a place of love and the commitment to do good. That's the way he was with us working on the show - you felt like you were being nurtured, constantly stimulated and encouraged to come up with the best ideas in a collective situation. And that's where his art was coming from. His concept was not just to make a great song you could dance to. His way was to reel you in and get your attention, so then you'd get the deep message. That was the science to it. That's why his music transcended generations, appealed to little children, older people, everyone. And hopefully, people who see the Cirque show are now feeling all that, too. That was our intent."
Source: MJFC / philly.com

Back