What was the last song MJ sang/recorded?

Billyjeanplxiv

Proud Member
what was the last song MJ sung in the This is it rehersals? and what was the last song he recorded?

The last song he performed was Earth Song, according to the Daily Mail. As for professionally recorded, my best guess would be Best of Joy.

He also performed Heal The world didn't he?

BoJ is a good guess, but he could have recorded others songs we don't know about.

I believe he did perform Heal the World that night, but I think it was Earth Song that ended that rehearsal.

Wasn't his last performance They Don't Care About Us? Or was that his last recorded performance?

Hmmm... This Is It can be answered, but not sure who can officially answer it.

As with the last song.. Sony said 'Best Of Joy' was one of the last songs he recorded. So there could be another..

wow, I dont listen to earth song much, but the next time i listen to the this is it movie audio ill know..

I believe it was Earth Song. The last recorded, nobody knows...

A little off-thread, does anyone know if Billie Jean was performed more than once? I believe that yes, but NO footage was ever shown... I really hope we can see it some day.

I hope to see another full performance of BJ from TII someday.

I really hope Best of Joy was the last song Michael recorded. As tragic as his death was, the song is so upbeat and full of hope. And the lyric "I am forever" — how appropriate!

A little off-thread, does anyone know if Billie Jean was performed more than once? I believe that yes, but NO footage was ever shown... I really hope we can see it some day.

Well on the 'This Is It' cover, there is Michael with his fedora and looks like the 'Billie Jean' jacket, so I hope so! Kenny did say, Michael came out with everything on and just went with it. I dunno if it was recorded though.

I hope so, I want to see him do the moonwalk one more time...

'Earth Song' was the last song he performed... The last question from that song, the eerily prophetic and haunting: "What about death again, / Do we give a damn!?".... is shaking me big time still. But the good part is that the performance was said to have ended with the little Earth Girl on the screen allegorically embracing the earth -- meaning he left this earth (unknowingly) with this wonderful thought full of love and hope and innocence, that the world could/should be graced and transformed positively by means of a child's love. ..I'm sorry, but that's just so beautiful (even though highly..highly idealistic, if not utopian)... So, for this I'm extremely, extremely grateful: that he got to at least finish this blessed performance. I hope they can release it and play it, to the detriment of the beyond shallow and dark and manipulative videos today devoid of good substance. ..One can only hope. ..For the, how can a child be the ruler of the world with such grotesque corruption prevailing?

Well on the 'This Is It' cover, there is Michael with his fedora and looks like the 'Billie Jean' jacket, so I hope so! Kenny did say, Michael came out with everything on and just went with it. I dunno if it was recorded though.

I hope so, I want to see him do the moonwalk one more time...
Yeah, I always wondered about that cover, i mean, why would they put a non-This is it picture on the movie's cover? That makes no sense.
I hope they saved that to the Immortal Tour or something...

If Michael performed BJ more than once, he must not have performed the moonwalk. I think Sony would have included that in the movie.

I don't know the answers to the questions in this thread... But Best of Joy is a great song!!!

Does anybody know if the Heal the World rehearsal from TII was ever filmed?? And why was it never screened??

On the TII credits, HTW is played with a different vocal from the original album edit... does anybody know where this vocal comes from??

If Michael performed BJ more than once, he must not have performed the moonwalk. I think Sony would have included that in the movie.

If I remember right, Travis Payne said in documentary something like that was Michael's last Billie Jean performance in the movie. Im pretty sure that Michael rehearsed it more than once. But did he rehearsed it with fedora?

I have often thought about if there were versions with Billie Jean where he in full costume/outlet. I truely wish that there will be more footage in the future from This Is It.

I think is almost impossible that he performed BJ with the fedora and the outfit, but why the HELL would they put a picture like that in the cover of the movie if he didn't rehearsed like that? So... I still have hope!

I have heard Best Of Joy was the last recorded but that might mean last recorded that has been released so far maybe.

Back