What was "the funny thing" about Tito Jackson?

norbat

Proud Member
What was "the funny thing" about Tito ?

You know, everything I see on YouTube etc.. and when they are going to say something funny about Jackson, they say things about Tito and the people who watching laughing their ass off. Sometimes it's just the name TITO they are laughing over.

So, what is it about Tito that make him so funny?

Are you sure the joke is about or over Tito ? Maybe it's referencing that standup comedian who said ( imitating MJ's voice) "Wait up, Tito, slowwww downnn, not so fast bro, is that my ho over there ?"

Probably has to do with the Chris Tucker joke, or I don't know, but I always thought Tito looked funny in Blame it On The Boogie. Always makes me laugh when I see him in that video. :)

I wondered what was so funny about tito too, I remember them mentioning him in Rush Hour 'I'm Michael, You're Tito' I guess that was just about him being in charge or something :lol:

That's not the only reference we have.

in the NBA
Michael Beasley: "i'm not a Tito Jackson"
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/161190-beasley-im-not-a-tito-jackson

Well, I've never heard of that Barkley guy but to refer to a team as "one Mike and a bunch of Tito's" is pretty funny :lol:

I wondered what was so funny about tito too, I remember them mentioning him in Rush Hour 'I'm Michael, You're Tito' I guess that was just about him being in charge or something :lol:

I thought about that too :lol: And also Chris Tucker: "Slow down, Tito, damn!" :lol:

Anyway to answer the question, I think people like to use Tito in their jokes cause it's such a funny name :p

I don't think it's MJ's brother they are talking about, do you ?

It is Tito that they are talking about. He seems as as a functional member of the J5/Jacksons and not necessarily a star. So people contrast with Michael. I am not explaining it right - It is like with any band, the lead singer gets the kudos and the guys who is banging the congos gets overlooked.

well on facebook, somone has posted re David Gest:
I just saw something on youtube where you asked katherine jackson if she named tito ,tito because she spilt tea on her toe lmao!!!! :-

It's because he's the jackson that never did a solo album, and I hate to sound brutal, BUT most people believe that he never really did anything outside of doing backup. I'm sure he did a lot more in the bg, but from the outside looking in, people view him as kinda just being there.

Yes, it is often when they want to pick one too make fun of they pick Tito. My sister and I were talking about this a few weeks ago. We came to the conclusion that his name sounds the funniest of all the jacksons?? Maybe?

^ Yeah, I think that's part of it, his name has that funny sound too it :yes:

I've sometime wondered about that too, why Tito.
BTW I love that clip with Katherine and David gest. :wub::D
But of what I've read Tito has been doing a lot in music in the recent years, probably more than Jermaine.

Also Michael Bearden , said in an interview that he and his brothers wer about to make a boy band , beause they were 4 brothers and all they need to be like the jacson 5 is someone like Tito ! of course it is a joke ! LOL

haha The Chris Tucker one was when he was on Def Comedy Jam and made a joke about what if Michael Jackson was a pimp.

Tito alongside Michael, Jackie and Marlon are my favorite Jackson bros

I just came across another one from Rush Hour:

Chris Tucker to Jackie Chan: "I'm Michael Jackson and you Tito. Yo ass belong to me!" :lol:

Back