What was the first song Michael ever wrote?

He co-wrote Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground) - that was his first writing credit. First song written on his own is probably from the Off the Wall album, but I've no idea which songs came first.

yeah blues away was his first published song so presume that was the first written by him interms of being actually released

Like the rest said, it was Blues Away in 1976. And damn, it is such an amazing song

strange coincedence but when we were following mj to a house in london in 06 the taxi driver asked what we were up to. we told him and waited on responce. he pushed his cassette/cd into the deck and blues away started playing. he said it was his favourite song. pretty strange. of all the taxi drivers in london we got this guy lol

strange coincedence but when we were following mj to a house in london in 06 the taxi driver asked what we were up to. we told him and waited on responce. he pushed his cassette/cd into the deck and blues away started playing. he said it was his favourite song. pretty strange. of all the taxi drivers in london we got this guy lol

That's great that Blues Away was his favorite song. Most people would have said either Billie Jean, Thriller or Beat It.

I really like it when some of Mike's less played songs gets praise from people

Actually he wrote his first song when he was 13... at least that's what he said in an interview (or was it in one of the court cases?? Don't remember.)... presumably it could be "Walk on" from the "Goin' back to Indiana" special from '71... it's credited by Suzanne de Passe and the Jackson 5.

Actually he wrote his first song when he was 13... at least that's what he said in an interview (or was it in one of the court cases?? Don't remember.)... presumably it could be "Walk on" from the "Goin' back to Indiana" special from '71... it's credited by Suzanne de Passe and the Jackson 5.

Yeah I think I heard that too from the 1994 deposition, they asked him when he wrote his first song and I think he said when he was a teenager. Maybe it wasn't released though.

Back