What was MJs favourite Halloween movies?

Condor9333

Proud Member
Since Halloween is aproaching, and we all know Mike loved Halloween and everything about it (he planned tv special for Halloween,loved going masked and trick or treat, mad eGhosts & Thriller,Threatened...) i was wondering does someone knows what Halloween movies he liked (besides his own Ghosts :D )?

For instance along with horor classics as Halloween,Friday 13th i like Sleepy Hollow,Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus which was my favourite during childhood...

i think he liked An American Werewolf In London very much...

No, he wasn't. I can't find the exact quotes but Michael said a couple times on interviews he didn't like much horror movies because they scared him even though he was involved with horror.

Although Michael loved the master of horror in literature, Edgar Allan Poe. Remember he wanted to make a movie about him in 2001 and who doesn't love Edgar anyway?

No, he wasn't. I can't find the exact quotes but Michael said a couple times on interviews he didn't like much horror movies because they scared him even though he was involved with horror.

Didn't he say in one interview that he was scared of himself in Thriller?

It's the MTV interview in 1999 where Michael mentions again (even at 41) he didn't like horror movies much because they scared him at 3:30. Also told how Vincent Price scared him when he was 11. Imagine how cool it'd be having the master of horror in movies personally scaring you! :wild: Even to this day, his evil laughter gives me chills.

I think that Michael was a Twilight Zone fan. That show had a lot of horror elements in it

i think he liked An American Werewolf In London very much...
From seeing and reading Michael's interviews through the years, I came to think that his taste in movies was pretty much like mine (except the Star Wars/SciFi stuff) and was always surprised that he even saw this. But obviously he was hugely impressed with the direction and makeup since he hired all those guys!

He didn't seem to like horror, or violence, either, since I remember reading that the only Martin Scorsese movie he ever saw was "New York, New York" and I found that hilarious since that was the only one I ever saw-finally he made a movie with Robert DiNiro that I knew I could watch without my eyes closed!

I would imagine that he would probably have liked "Ghostbusters". And of course, "Beetlejuice" and "Nightmare Before Christmas". They're light horror with a dark, quirky sense of humor.

And maybe later he saw "Phantom of the Opera"-because he had lobbied so hard to play the leads in both "Edward Scissorhands" and "Phantom." Shame none of that came to fruition, because I loved "ES"-and Michael would have been perfect-just realized a few years after I saw it, that Tim Burton stole Edward's whole look from the "BAD" tour outfit.:)

Back