What unreleased songs should have been released on an album?

michaeljojacksonfan

Proud Member
Many of MJs unreleased songs are in my opinion some of his best work. It is such a shame they don't get the recognition they truly deserve even though i understand why they were left off his albums (many of them just do not "fit" in well with the rest of the tracks)

Anyway here is my list of songs that should have/could have been released on an album:

Weve Had Enough
Escape
Fall Again
For All Time
On The Line
Streetwalker
Someone Put Your Hand Out

Personally i feel the first three would have/could have been BIG hits. Such a shame the we didn't get the album he was said to be working on in 03 as judging just by these three songs it would have been AMAZING. I am keeping my fingers crossed Escape will be released soon (hopefully the November album).

What songs do you feel should have/could have been released on an album?

^^ Agree with all of those esp Escape and For All Time and also include for me:

--She Got It (though this didn't seem finished)
--If You Don't Love Me
--Shout (LP release, not B side)
--Gangsta/No Friend of Mine

By the way, I recently found this Wikipedia list of unreleased songs and found it helpful to use to compare my collection!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unreleased_Michael_Jackson_material

Why they didn't include We've Had Enough on Invincible I will never know.

wasn't Weve Had Enough finished in 2004? hence the reason it didn't make Invincible. Its a bit of shame it was used for the Ultimate Collection i think. If it was instead released on the upcoming November album i think it could still be huge.

There's so MANY songs that should've made it to an album! Michael wrote so many great songs.. like all the ones already mentioned.

wasn't Weve Had Enough finished in 2004? hence the reason it didn't make Invincible. Its a bit of shame it was used for the Ultimate Collection i think. If it was instead released on the upcoming November album i think it could still be huge.

I'm guessing it was originally written for Invincible though, as Rodney Jerkins is on the writing credits.

I'm guessing it was originally written for Invincible though, as Rodney Jerkins is on the writing credits.

It was worked on for Invincible then was completed for The Ultimate Collection as was another track. Not sure what that one was but there were two MJ was working on and decided to put them on there. I'm thinking it might be The Way You Love Me.

For me it has to be Streetwalker, We've Had Enough and Sunset Driver.

Last edited:
What about Hot Street? I really like this song. ^^agree with others songs above.

It was worked on for Invincible then was completed for The Ultimate Collection as was another track. Not sure what that one was but there were two MJ was working on and decided to put them on there. I'm thinking it might be The Way You Love Me.

For me it has to be Streetwalker, We've Had Enough and Sunset Driver.
Ah, The Way You Love Me :wub:
I love that song, definitely should've been on some album.

She Got It
For All Time
Xscape (Escape)
We've Had Enough
On The Line
Fall Again
Cheater

Ah, The Way You Love Me :wub:
I love that song, definitely should've been on some album.

I love that song as well.

For some reason, it evokes a really strong Christmas-feel to me. I don't know why. Is that just me??

Fall Again
Sunset Driver
Cheater
Beautiful Girl
Escape

I never heard majority of these songs....I'd like to have them on my ipod:punk:

You can get a bunch of them from iTunes as they are on The Ultimate Collection, but there are a few that are "album only," meaning you have to purchase the entire album to get them. If you don't have the special editions or Thriller 25, some of the songs are included on them as well.

I like them all TBH and think most are good enough to be on an album..

But I think we've had enough would have been a huge hit.

I LOVE The way you love me. :heart: and Fall again and Beautiful girl... Oh I love them all. :lol:

Sunset Driver!

Would love to have heard that song in all its true disco glory. More horns and strings, and maybe some of Michael's righteous layered background vocals!

idk..to me, this question is for an artist who misses the boat as a songwriter here and there, and sometimes writes filler. MJ wasn't that artist. he wrote nothing but killer. so, choosing is rhetorical. no one could do better than he did, in his writing or his choices.
and his unreleased stuff is available to hear, so.. things are as they are..

I never heard majority of these songs....I'd like to have them on my ipod:punk:

OMG you are missing OUTTTTTTT!!! :no: get them ASAP!! haha!!

But ya all of those songs mentioned before are just simply amazing, even the ones that he's just mumbling through like "In The Back", you can tell how genius it would have been completed!! AAAh... :(

But "On The" FREAKIN' "Line" is PERFECTION!!!!!! and "We've Had Enough" lord have mercy!!! I cant believe they weren't legitimate singles! I sure am glad though that they were eventually released. Damn it gets you wondering what there is in store now, with the unreleased songs that will be on those new albums. How enjoyable can they be though, if MJ isnt here to see how much we love them :doh:

I listened to We've Had Enough last night for the first time in quite awhile....and man, was I ever tearing up :cry: gives me chills...there's no other way to listen to that song, but LOUD

For all time(this song always move me into tears)
streetwalker,
carousel,
trouble(discovered this song lately,love it!)

Fooor all time (this is magic)
Someone put your hand out!!
we've had enough!!
Mind in the maagic! cant believe no one brought that song up

Escape:punk:
Shout:punk:
Monkey business:punk:
In the back:punk:
Gangsta/No friend of mine:punk:
Fall again :wub:
Serious effect :punk:
The way you love me :wub:
Scared of the moon:wub:

If i'm not mistaken some songs mentioned here are released. On the Ultimate Michael Jackson collection or those remastered CD's of Thriller, Bad, Off The Wall and Dangerous years ago. Which have interviews with Quincy Jones etc included aswell.

Today I was looking through my CD collection and I found "Save Me" again. Love that song. It's in my head again.. :lol: Good thing I'm cleaning my CD closet coz I almost forgot about the song

For Me its:

Another Day
Escape
Gangsta(No Friend Of Mine)
Hold My Hand(MJ solo or replace Akon with a female vocalist)
Place With No Name
Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me
We've Had Enough (as a bonus)

and then I want the rest to be new, I want some surprises :D

Monkey Business- Monkey See Monkey Do!!!!!!
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Xscape
She Got It -ONE....ONE..ONE.111, one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
StreetWalker
Carousel
On The Line

Back