What should happen with the song Escape?

michaeljojacksonfan

Proud Member
What should happen with this song? It is considered by many fans to be one his best unreleased tracks, and although the song has been on the internet for quite a few years now (not the best quality) i still believe this song deserves an official worldwise release, and it deserves to be heard in perfect CD quality. How should the estate/sony go about releasing it? Should it be included on the new album? Should they just release it as a single on itunes?

Personally i feel they should release it with the new album. And perhaps even a CD single. I think this song is THE best unreleased song (from what ive heard) and it deserves to have a place on the album. Apparently the song was to be included on the 03 album and it no doubt would have been HUGE. I believe MJ would be very dissapointed if the song never got the worldwide recognition it deserves.

What do you think?

Yes i totally agree, its an amazing song and i hope that the world hears it, btw im sooo glad you called it escape and not xscape

Lol I just discovered this song like 2 days ago and ever since then its been replayed about 100 times. I find it really ironic that this thread popped up as I was listening to it =D. It's so catchy it almost always makes you want to bop your head up and down. Sounds better than anything out today! :punk:

I love it but I would rather them leave it off the new album. The more new tracks the better.

Maybe include it on a future compilation of unreleased songs or something.

Yeah, I think it'd be a waste of a slot on the album. I'd rather hear a completely new song. But I do think it should receive some type of official release...

I heard something about Invincible being re-released (speculation), maybe it could be an extra track along with On The Line?

Xescape and Seriuos Effects and Shout...these three songs are amazing ,i think they deserve to be#1 in the chart.

It's not bad song. It's typical MJ song, but it sounds dated. In the 90's would have been a hit, no way now. Leave it for some collectors release like the "Ultimate collection".

Xscape would be a great song to release but not on a brand new album. We've all heard the song-if Sony are going to bring out a album of brand new music in November let it be songs that are deemed worthy of release by Michael's standard-not pre-leaked ones and half finished demos.

For me it is Xcape :)

But going back to topic, I love it, love it, love it. It's so much about MJ's issues, preassure and the way the struggle to deal with those. It's great! I want it in a CD, single, best quality, all the way!
But at the same time, we know it and we would love to ear just 100% new songs in the upcoming album. However, we must keep in mind that we, as MJ fans, are aware of these unreleased tracks, but that is not the rule "out there". For most, "Hold my hand", Xcape, Love never felt so good, etc. are completely unknown tracks and they will be delighted. So I would love to see all those tracks on some albums. I have discovered a number of tracks I had no idea about thanks to some friends here :)

Ups... I just hope we will not be dissapointed because the "new" album has many unrealeased tracks we know ... because most of the world doesn't .... and then we will be like "Ey, no, that's already know, back in ...." :ermm:

The ghost of "This is it", MJ-ultimate-brand-new-song-then-old-track-paul-anka ghost comes to my mind :mello:

Back