What sequence of MJ songs do you play the most?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
I’m not sure if my title is all that clear so I’ll try to explain what I mean.
So you decide to listen to MJ what are the songs you listen to most and in what order?

I have one very straightforward sequence, namely Thriller’s first 6 songs starting with WBSS and ending with Billie Jean. I think it’s perfect and quite possibly the greatest set of songs on any album ever.

Another set I regularly listen to is a series of ballads. Starting with my favorite “Someone in the dark - Scared Of The Moon - Gone Too Soon - Be Not Always - Time Waits For No One - Push Me Away - Don’t Walk Away and One Day In Your Life

Another one is Destiny - Bless His Soul - That‘s What You Get (For Being Polite) - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)

Teen Michael often gets his spins in the following order: What You Don’t Know - Take Me Back - We’ve Got Forever - We’re Almost There - Whatever You Got I Want and If I Don’t Love You This Way

And finally I sometimes listen to a batch of Dangerous songs including Will You Be There, Give In To Me, Who Is It and Heal The World

Sometimes some random loose songs get played like Liberian Girl, Little Susie, Jamie, Darling Dear, Heartbreaker etc

It is not always exactly like this but I have realized these are pretty common combinations for me.

Lmao I can't even lie but a long time ago, I put every single song he's ever done that exists (J5, Jacksons, solo, features, duets, other people's songs that he's on, posthumous, the whole nine) and then I'd throw that thang on shuffle when I was ready. 😂🥴💀

I used to manually organize them by era and in order of year released, but that soon got too tedious so the recent adds aren't in order. One day I'll get back to trying to organize each song again. ✨

Last edited:
I’m not sure if my title is all that clear so I’ll try to explain what I mean.
So you decide to listen to MJ what are the songs you listen to most and in what order?

I have one very straightforward sequence, namely Thriller’s first 6 songs starting with WBSS and ending with Billie Jean. I think it’s perfect and quite possibly the greatest set of songs on any album ever.

Another set I regularly listen to is a series of ballads. Starting with my favorite “Someone in the dark - Scared Of The Moon - Gone Too Soon - Be Not Always - Time Waits For No One - Push Me Away - Don’t Walk Away and One Day In Your Life

Another one is Destiny - Bless His Soul - That‘s What You Get (For Being Polite) - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)

Teen Michael often gets his spins in the following order: What You Don’t Know - Take Me Back - We’ve Got Forever - We’re Almost There - Whatever You Got I Want and If I Don’t Love You This Way

And finally I sometimes listen to a batch of Dangerous songs including Will You Be There, Give In To Me, Who Is It and Heal The World

Sometimes some random loose songs get played like Liberian Girl, Little Susie, Jamie, Darling Dear, Heartbreaker etc

It is not always exactly like this but I have realized these are pretty common combinations for me.
Morphine - Heartbreaker - CLHGA - Chicago - APWNN
or
Scream - TDCAU - SIM - TTA - D.S - Money - Smile

Lmao I can't even lie but a long time ago, I put every single song he's ever done that exists (J5, Jacksons, solo, features, duets, other people's songs that he's on, posthumous, the whole nine) and then I'd throw that thang on shuffle when I was ready. 😂🥴💀
I have a similar list on Spotify including all available MJ sung songs on Spotify, it’s almost 29 hours of music

Generally I just put a CD on in the car. Try to have one MJ/J5 album in the car at all times, and I change it about once over week. So there's no particular sequence.

The greatest run in R&B HIStory (according to me, lol). Break of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, You Rock My World And Butterflies. If we are talking one single album. Other than that, I've got a dozen playlist for various things including MJ listening party sessions...pending the vibe.

Back