What Michael-related things can I do in NY?

forevermichael

Proud Member
Hi guys,

I will soon be travelling to New York. I was wondering if there is anything to do with Michael worth checking out while I'm there, besides the Apollo Theatre. I was also wondering if there's anything I can buy which I can't get in London, as I imagine America will have more.

So calling on all New Yorkers and previous visitors to the state!

Many thanks,

Forevermichael

That's pretty excitng to me! So what exactly is it called again, or is it that word beginning with H on the link? Thanks for that :)

He went to the Virgin Megastore a lot to buy music and movies. It's AMAZING in there and worth checking out. Three floors of music, movies, music and movie-related stuff, and books!! And, of course, there's probably Michael stuff there! Duh!
But, I heard it recently closed...is that true?

EDIT: Virgin Megastore is in Times Square.

He went to the Virgin Megastore a lot to buy music and movies. It's AMAZING in there and worth checking out. Three floors of music, movies, music and movie-related stuff, and books!! And, of course, there's probably Michael stuff there! Duh!
But, I heard it recently closed...is that true?

EDIT: Virgin Megastore is in Times Square.

Ok cool thanks for that! I spend an endless amount of time in music stores for MJ here, so I'd be more than happy to carry my hobby overseas and look out for any different material or just see what it's like. As I will probably be spending more than a proportionate amount of time in and around Times Square, I will ask after it! Thanks

Also, can anyone say if its relatively easy to get to the Apollo theatre on and from the subway?

yu can go to the rock and roll hall of fame they have some stuff of michael there and this artist in brooklyn have great outstanding paintings of Michael its really nice

Palace Hotel
55th steet and Madison Avenue
Michael stayed here for the MSG concerts

Madison Square Gardens
concerts Spetember 7 and 10 2001
you can go on a tour of the arena, ask at the box office or any tourist information

Carnegie Hall
Michael did a speech here on 14 February 2001, to launch HEAL THE KIDS
You can go on a tour of the theatre, ask at the box office

Virgin Megastore, Times Square
Not sure if its still open, Invincible cd signing, November 2001

FAO SWARTZ
Famous toy shop, Michael often went shopping there, when he was in New York

RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL
where the VMA'S were held in 2002, when Britney was supposed to give him an award

Metropolitan Opera House
where the VMA'S were held in 2001, when Michael made a surprise appearance at the end of NSYNC's performance of POP

Palace Hotel
55th steet and Madison Avenue
Michael stayed here for the MSG concerts

Madison Square Gardens
concerts Spetember 7 and 10 2001
you can go on a tour of the arena, ask at the box office or any tourist information

Carnegie Hall
Michael did a speech here on 14 February 2001, to launch HEAL THE KIDS
You can go on a tour of the theatre, ask at the box office

Virgin Megastore, Times Square
Not sure if its still open, Invincible cd signing, November 2001

FAO SWARTZ
Famous toy shop, Michael often went shopping there, when he was in New York

RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL
where the VMA'S were held in 2002, when Britney was supposed to give him an award

Metropolitan Opera House
where the VMA'S were held in 2001, when Michael made a surprise appearance at the end of NSYNC's performance of POP

I'm going to add.

Ride The Red Double Decker Sightseeing Bus inwhich He rode during the Sony Demonstration in NYC in 2002. It went down several streets until the fans saw him Near The Sony Headquarters.

Come to NYNEX Stock exchange near 44th street where Michael pushed The Button before his historic Madison Square Garden shows in 2001

Come To The Natural History Museum/ Hadem Planetarium Around 81st In Manhattan where Michael was awarded for setting records in The Ginuess World Book for Thriller.

Come To The Old Coney Island in Brooklyn where Michael did a segment of "Slide some Oil To Me" Near The Cyclone with Diane Ross and Nippsey Russell and walk the walkway that leads near the NYC Aquarium where they were all singing Ease On Down The Road.
They are closing down Coney Island Parks to make room for a new Coney Island Developement keeping The Cyclone,The Parachutte Jump and Nathans Franks Restaurant.

Come To The Brooklyn Museum in Crown Heights, Brooklyn where he did his last Photishoot of Ebony Magazine.

Come To Queens To Visit Silvercup Studios where they flimed part of the Wiz and also Flushing Meadows park where the World's fair is highly filmed including The Wiz and Men In Black. Shea Stadium is no longer there but The Wiz was filmed there too.

Come to Webster Hall in lower Manhattan where Michael was there with his Children ,Karen Faye and Grace at The Celebration of Life(I can't remember the exact title of the Celebration but he received an award and Many fans performed for The King Of Pop.) This was after The Sony Demostration that sameday. I was There with My Daughter when he came to say he could put any song he wanted on an Album whether it was Old or New.And also where he took video of The Event of The Crowd and The Performers. We also met E'cassanova.

Come To The Library In Manhattan where the Lion was first seem by The 3 Friends from the Wiz.Look for the Two Lions.
If it's still there ,I heard the library moved.

Someone told me onetime that he was visiting Central Park from Time to Time while he was Here.

The Twin Towers is No More ,They were destroyed in 2001 But they are building on the site now.The Twin Towers,The World Trade Center was also Filmed in The Wiz. RIP to The Family and Friends who lost their Loveones to terrorist as the Planes crashed into the Two Towers.
I was Scared for Michael, His Family and Friends and Most of his Fans as well for My Daughter who went to High School In NYC at The Time it happened.

Thank God Everyone was alright.

I was at The Signing for Invincible at The Virginmega Superstore but didn't get the Chance to get my Album signed. I heard That it closed in May of this year unless the got a repreive to stay open.

Michael was also at Madison Square Garden as a Fan of JAY-Z and Others Including Janet and Paul McCartney between the Years of 2001 and 2002. He might have been At MSG and The Paramount Theater( now under another name ) at many concerts and Events without people knowing.He was also at A New York Knicks game with Spike Lee too.
He also went to the Movies here too,I forgot which theater and He went to see the Lion King.

He was The King Of New York For sure. He's allover except my house. LOL.

If There is More I write it here.

I Miss Michael Very Much and I missed seeing him almost up close.Well maybe alittle close.
RIP:angel:

Radio City Music Hall is SO amazing! Been in there. Isn't that where he and Lisa Marie were in 1994 when they opened with the infamous kiss as seen in my signature?

Been in Carnegie Hall too. Amazing place.

If Virgin Megastore is still open, you CAN'T miss it! It's soo big! :p

I was in New York last year and the lions were there. When would it have moved?

Awesome! Thanks so much again everyone for all these great suggestions! I've now got the difficult task of choosing which MJ places to visit and fitting it all in! He sure does sound the King of New York!

The subway station is Hoyt–Schermerhorn Streets, which can be accessed from the A, C, and G subway lines (you probably wouldn't use the G though, since that only goes from Queens to Brooklyn, not Manhattan). you can see it on a map on mta.info -- it's one of the white circles in that section of Brooklyn where a lot of the subway lines converge.

People have a lot of good suggestions and I'm going to check out or revisit some of them! :)

I still haven't made it down to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex downtown, which says they just added some MJ items. They also have a John Lennon exhibit I've been meaning to check out... I will go one of these weekends and report back! Has anyone else gone yet?

I still haven't made it down to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex downtown, which says they just added some MJ items. They also have a John Lennon exhibit I've been meaning to check out... I will go one of these weekends and report back! Has anyone else gone yet?

No, I've been wanting to go so badly, I just can't fork over the money. =/ I just found out that they were offering free admission like two weekends ago (for John's bday weekend) I'm so bummed I didn't know about it.

Back