What makes Michael Jackson so Legendary?

blaksheep4life

Proud Member
Michael Jackson has been dazzling fans for years. But the what makes Michael Jackson so legendary? He has been performing for years with his brothers and when went solo he reached levels that many artist will never reached. As most people would agree, when Michael Jackson perform Motown 25 he put his music on the map. He music changed his image changed and his dancing changed. So, the question I have what makes him legendary is music,dancing, style,or songwriting. Tell me what you think?

EVERYTHING.. hard to really explain it because it's not JUST MJ and his talent..

IT has to do with his talent and how it was used, the timeing of his sucess, and PR.. I mean SO MUCH made MJ legendary.. His talent would have taken him huge on it's own, but all the other stuff made him UNTOUCHABLE.. More than human.

Almost like a living Myth... That's why even non fans freak out when they see him.. Because he's not just Michael Jackson the person and/or celeb.. He is a living mythical being.

Last edited:
EVERYTHING.. hard to really explain it because it's not JUST MJ and his talent..

IT has to do with his talent and how it was used, the timeing of his sucess, and PR.. I mean SO MUCH made MJ legendary.. His talent would have taken him huge on it's own, but all the other stuff made him UNTOUCHABLE.. More than human.

Almost like a living Myth... That's why even non fans freak out when they see him.. Because he's not just Michael Jackson the person and/or celeb.. He is a living mythical being.
You make a very good point there. Just think that the most bizaar story could be told about this man and people believe it even when it is near impossible to believe it of anyone else. Maybe it's because he has been at the top for so long.

I think - moonwalk. Everybody knows moonwalk.

The Music
The Dancing
The fact that he's the biggest selling solo artist of all time
Being one of the first black artists to be played on MTV

It has been said that Michael is he last of the true artists. I think it is his approach to his "art" that makes him legendary. It is because of hie art that he has produced products that have gone so far out of the realm of the expected norm and has done it so many times that has caused him to rise so far above the average artist. He has said that he works so hard at what he does because he wants his work to live on after he is dead and gone. He uses other artists as his example such as Mozart and Michaelangelo whose works we still admire today. He has chosen his role models carefully and makes choices in his art carefully so that hie work will live. That is what makes him a legend. It has worked well for him thus far. It has worked for him while he yet lives. That is why he is called a living legend. When you produce extraordinary work, you create an extraordinary image of yourself. When you prove yourself to be extraordinary, then you become a legend because nobody comes close to what you have created although they may often imitate what you have done, but it is easily recognized as merely a copy of an original.:punk:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

It has been said that Michael is he last of the true artists. I think it is his approach to his "art" that makes him legendary. It is because of hie art that he has produced products that have gone so far out of the realm of the expected norm and has done it so many times that has caused him to rise so far above the average artist. He has said that he works so hard at what he does because he wants his work to live on after he is dead and gone. He uses other artists as his example such as Mozart and Michaelangelo whose works we still admire today. He has chosen his role models carefully and makes choices in his art carefully so that hie work will live. That is what makes him a legend. It has worked well for him thus far. It has worked for him while he yet lives. That is why he is called a living legend. When you produce extraordinary work, you create an extraordinary image of yourself. When you prove yourself to be extraordinary, then you become a legend because nobody comes close to what you have created although they may often imitate what you have done, but it is easily recognized as merely a copy of an original.:punk:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST
Well said.:clapping:

Back