What kind of videos do you expect for Xscape? And for which songs?

HIStory

Proud Member
Is it true that at the listening parties fans were told there would be three videos? Anyway, what type of videos do we or can we expect? I'm sure for all of us Nr 1 choice would be some never before seen MJ footage but who knows if the Estate has some usable for that purpose? If not I think they could still make really creative and interesting videos. I just hope we will not see another video that looks like a fan tribute and with the usual MJ clichés (fedora, glove etc.). We had enough of that on the Michael album. I think for one video they could use animation. I also think with artists who are not here the type of videos can work which have some kind of interesting story line with young people - for example I could see some kind of light, funny, romantic story for LNFSG as a video. With young people that could appeal to young people.

Great topic!
Even I was also hoping for some really good animation in MJ's videos. The first time I heard Xscape I immediately started imagining the video which shows a futuristic world where humans are totally bound to the system and MJ is a freelancer and he is being chased for not adhering to this system. And he is a symbol of change. Kind of a very modernised version of Speed Demon and having Tron like bike chase scenes with a tinge of social message in it. I mean the present human condition is no different, we are all being controlled by corporations so by making this video they could also give out a message.
I watched animes with similar themes and that is where I got this from. :D Xscape could totally do with a cool video.
I just wish they could broaden their imagination with MJ's videos. I mean "Hollywood Tonight" was decent, but c'mon MJ was all about going to the next level.

No we were not told there would be 3 videos - we were told there would l be one for the first single. but that doesn't mean they won't do more.

I actually hope for 8 yes every song to be a single. Maybe the estate could use songs in films! Like mj s bio film which I am sure la Reid will do now. I hope also they will be works of art like Michaels and be innovative.

For A Place With No Name i would like a western themed short film, it would suit the song very well. Coming to 'Slave To The Rhythm' as we know, Michael recorded the vocals for that song 24 times! I would love to see some studio footage from those recording sessions, It sure would be a unique and exciting prospect. It would be nice if MJJC could do a Q&A with L.A Reid asking if those sessions were filmed and if we could have a chance of seeing the footage in a potential short film.

Videos I want for all Xscape songs: Videos with footage of Michael recording the songs for two songs(STTR and Xscape),five other songs featuring outtakes from past music videos(Chicago,LNFSG,APWNN,Blue Gangsta,and DYKWYCA),one video with newly shot background footage and green screen material that Michael would've used of himself for "This is It"(Loving You,depending on if it's a ballad)

Videos that we'll probably get: Videos using dancers,actors,actresses,and models dancing terribly to the music (HT and fan version of BTM) and five second clips over five minutes of Michael in the video in some way,shape,or form.

I really wish they'd do something like what they did when debuting "Love Never Felt So Good" for that track.

Back