What is this with all these celebrities dying this week?

sunnyday81

Proud Member
Is a Grim Reaper here on Earth this week with a specific taste for celebrities???
Here's another death at the age of 50. First Farrah Fawcett, then MJ, now Billy Mays... And I think there was another celeb death before Farrah but I can't remember the name. I'm almost scared to watch any more news tomorrow in case we have another one!

Tampa, Florida police say Billy Mays, the television pitchman known for his boisterous hawking of products like Orange Glo and OxiClean, died suddenly earlier this morning. He was 50 years old, exactly the same age as Michael Jackson who died three days earlier, on the 25th of June. (Could there be another synchronicity here? My daughter's friend's mother had apparently said recently that the deaths of celebrities come in threes, and she was wondering who the next celebrity to die would be...)

Authorities say Mays was pronounced dead this morning after being found by his wife Deborah, at home. There were no signs of a break-in or foul play. The coroner's office expects to have an autopsy done by Monday afternoon.

Deborah says the family does not expect to make any public statements and asks for privacy. (Sudden death is even more difficult than when there is even 24-hour notice. There is no time to prepare, so the shock of grief is tremendous. May the media honor Deborah and the family's wishes.)

http://www.examiner.com/x-2858-Deat...50--Do-celebrity-deaths-really-come-in-threes

Dany Gans, the magician who was at The Mirage hotel in Las Vegas passed away recently too.

david carradine
billy mays

Never heard of them...But yes many celebs have died. Not just this year.

it was three....carradine ed and farrah. then maybe mj set it over again. his was a freak accident. ed and farrah were both terminal

Y'know this 'comes in threes' thing reminds me of something Michael once said... Didn't he say that when he heard the news of Princess Diana, he felt that 'another one' was coming and he prayed it wouldn't be him? Then Mother Teresa died shortly after.

Yes, it always comes in 3's.. My mom told me that years ago and it's always been that way ever since.. 3 is an unlucky number!

Last year it was Bernie Mac & Isaac Hayes (who also happened to be in a movie together that was about to open), but I don't remember a 3rd person. Although Morgan Freeman was in a bad car accident about the same time, but he didn't die.

Back